Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you download " Android System Info" from Google Play, it's free, it will give you much more info about the system, things like sensors, etc. Very thorough.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Whatatay

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted out, nothing worse than buying a new Device and not having it work

Thank you. Now if we can only get web masters to stop dumbing down their websites for mobile devices. This Sero 7 Pro is more powerful than my desktop computer yet web masters feel the need to provide crippled versions of their websites for tablets and phones. I bough this tablet to be portable. I didn't buy it to view cripple websites in exchange for portability. Thankfully some sites allow you to chose the full regular version of the site but most still force their butchered version on us.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Now if we can only get web masters to stop dumbing down their websites for mobile devices. This Sero 7 Pro is more powerful than my desktop computer yet web masters feel the need to provide crippled versions of their websites for tablets and phones. I bough this tablet to be portable. I didn't buy it to view cripple websites in exchange for portability. Thankfully some sites allow you to chose the full regular version of the site but most still force their butchered version on us.

Just about all third party browsers will let you change the User Agent in the settings.
Then the browser tells the Web site's that it's a PC, and defaults to the PC desktop display.

I agree the mobile sites are a little to simplistic. They leave out to many features that are useful.

Posted via Android Central App

enzoned

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This is my first Android device.
After reading overwhelmingly positive reviews I mustered up my courage to buy a tablet other than apple and walked into the Lynnwood/Mill Creek, WA Walmart (on a Saturday afternoon) and ...despite the clerk not being aware of the product( I pointed it out to her in the locked glass case) ...20 minutes later I walked out with my S7 purchase which was in the end handled in a courteous and pleasant way.
I have learned to live with the Walmart shopping experience. So I wasn't particularly surprised that the clerk had no knowledge of the product or if it was in stock. Not a put down of Walmart clerk or her "associates". I fault Wallyworld management for inadequate training.

As I mentioned the S7 is my first venture into the world of Android (from apple) so I'm into a lot of learning( looked up the droid glossary as I didn't (and still don't know all the terms and words) but have to say the Sero 7/JellyBean 4.2.1 is a very intuitive, user friendly OS and device so far.

Originally I was looking for a tablet mainly for ebook reading, surfing the web, email. I'm not into gaming or watching feature length movies on a small screen. Only read magazines when I go to the dentist. Checked out the Nook and Kindle Fire HD which are excellent ereaders but too much Barnes and Noble and Amazon book, magazine and movie vending machine for me.

Then I discovered the Sero 7 and really like all the features and that beautiful screen.

And its fast. On Chrome a dead heat split second surf finish between my desk top and this tablet.

The other night I was trying to skype my daughter on my desktop. She could hear but not see me. So I told her I'd call her back shortly after I downloaded the skype app on the Hisense.
I couldn't beleive how fast the app downloaded and I was in full skype mode communicatng with her 5 minutes later! She thought the S7 camera looked fine on her screen too.
Regarding the camera(s) on the tablet. Not particularly exciting in quality but I would say acceptable. The camera on a tablet for me ranks a ways down on the list of priorities. I have a 12 pixel Canon Powershoot that is my go to camera anyway.

Anyway I have a little over a week to go before my 15 day return is up and I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to like this tablet. I got the walmart 2year extended warranty for $15 in case I drop the tablet and the screen breaks or otherwise malfunctions. So it is looking like a keeper.

I am slowly learning as I said before taking baby steps learning about this android tablet.
This is a great forum.

I read about rooting he Sero 7 and it scared the daylights out of me. I am not a geek and it looks like a highly complicated procedure. I jailbroke my Ipod but I understand rooting is on a much more immense scale by comparison. If you root the device will it void the warranty?

In regard to cases for the Hisense I saw a few on ebay..but in the next few months there will be more to choose from as the popularity of the S7 grows.

RayB0883

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
No, really, I've seen people state here that they're paying $15-16 for the tablet replacement. Just got back from a Walmart outside of Chicago where they had inventory in the morning , but were sold out at lunchtime. Sales associate told me that tablet replacement actually costs $28 for 2 years. I verified the price at walmart.com. I think somebody should break their screen and throw it in the pool to check out this discrepancy. :D

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
No, really, I've seen people state here that they're paying $15-16 for the tablet replacement. Just got back from a Walmart outside of Chicago where they had inventory in the morning , but were sold out at lunchtime. Sales associate told me that tablet replacement actually costs $28 for 2 years. I verified the price at walmart.com. I think somebody should break their screen and throw it in the pool to check out this discrepancy. :D

I paid $15 for the 2year insurance.
That is the price for electronics under $150.
The cost is based on the price before taxes.
I purchased mine in Virginia

RayB0883

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I paid $15 for the 2year insurance.
That is the price for electronics under $150.
The cost is based on the price before taxes.
I purchased mine in Virginia

Aaahhh! I see. Just called the store. Talked to the manager. Desktops, laptops, ultrabooks = $15.00 for 2 years coverage. BUT, Ipads, tablets, ereaders = $28.00 for 2 years coverage (Drop, Spill and Cracked Screen Replacement Plan for Tablets and iPads $100 - $149.99). Well, thanks for your input. At least I know that I won't be getting ripped off!

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Regarding sensors, they are: gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetic field, orientation, rotator vector, linear accelerator, gravity, ambient light, temperature monitor.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I too paid $15 for 2 year replacement program. I even chatted with a rep online to confirm I was covered for 2 years.

Sent from my rooted Hisense Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk HD.

RayB0883

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I too paid $15 for 2 year replacement program. I even chatted with a rep online to confirm I was covered for 2 years.

Sent from my rooted Hisense Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk HD.

I'm sure you are covered for two years, but your tablet isn't. Has anybody really cashed in on this plan? What''s the bet your online rep won't be around to take any blame when you try to make a claim.

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you are covered for two years, but your tablet isn't. Has anybody really cashed in on this plan? What''s the bet your online rep won't be around to take any blame when you try to make a claim.

Just checked my plan, and it clearly states tablet:

and here is the conversation screenshot.

RayB0883

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Good work d0m0!! Trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em. Please understand, nothing against you, but the website DOES state something completely different. Lesson to everybody, get it in writing.

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Good work d0m0!! Trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em. Please understand, nothing against you, but the website DOES state something completely different. Lesson to everybody, get it in writing.

The walmart.com price has always been wrong. Same in the Nook HD+ forum with the 16GB model at $149. Onsite, it's $28, in store, it's $15. Look at the Walmart policy brochure in the store...on the back it lists all the plans...$100-$149.99 Laptops and TABLETS, 2 YEARS, $15 REPLACEMENT PLAN.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards