HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
a few things (questions)....

1. I got a message pop up saying there was an OTA update available after i flashed IcedHoneyBun (friendstream version) ... is that related? Should i have done the update?
2. Friendstream is only updating with twitter, but it says it's linked to my fb, and all my contacts are sync'd correctly to fb.. soooo... what gives?
3. what is the supatch?

Sorry, i get a bit overwhelmed by this forum sometimes. just please don't flame me if i'm asking something that's been covered.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
a few things (questions)....

1. I got a message pop up saying there was an OTA update available after i flashed IcedHoneyBun (friendstream version) ... is that related? Should i have done the update?
2. Friendstream is only updating with twitter, but it says it's linked to my fb, and all my contacts are sync'd correctly to fb.. soooo... what gives?
3. what is the supatch?

Sorry, i get a bit overwhelmed by this forum sometimes. just please don't flame me if i'm asking something that's been covered.

You should know we don't flame people here;)
Now the ota that comes threw don't download choose cancel.
Frienstream should be syncing facebook,ill have to check it out tho as i don't really use it.
The su patch is for the HoneyBun version cause i was a dummy an forgot to put it in before uploading.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the friendstream iced honeybun rom.

So far the main issue is I am having is with contacts.

At first contacts would force close anytime I tried to look at numbers. And all the facebook pictures were wrong. (In some cases, they were pictures of people on facebook that aren't actually in my contacts)

So I reflashed.

Now facebook for htc isn't grabbing any pictures, and contacts isn't playing with twitter at all. It's really weird to be honest.

I have been using titanium to restore my apps and data from when I was using damage. Maybe I'll try just apps and see if that helps.

Last edited:

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
ive found that titanium hoses allot of stuff. Mybackup is more stable , havent had any problems with it. I only use titanium for voicemail backups as my backup doesnt do them.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the friendstream iced honeybun rom.

So far the main issue is I am having is with contacts.

At first contacts would force close anytime I tried to look at numbers. And all the facebook pictures were wrong. (In some cases, they were pictures of people on facebook that aren't actually in my contacts)

So I reflashed.

Now facebook for htc isn't grabbing any pictures, and contacts isn't playing with twitter at all. It's really weird to be honest.

I have been using titanium to restore my apps and data from when I was using damage. Maybe I'll try just apps and see if that helps.

If all else fails try this on a fresh install or just sign out of everything. Only sign into google first boot,then sign into facebook app then htc facebook(under accounts&sync) after about 10-15 min. sign into twitter.Your phone just might be trying to sync to much data at one time.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought about that, and I am going to try it on this next install.

The only thing is though... under accounts and sync, twitter wasn't listing contacts as an option at all. Just data. Weird.

But still, going to try it that way.

Just making sure, while I'm at it, I read somewhere you include wireless tether on your roms to begin with right?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought about that, and I am going to try it on this next install.

The only thing is though... under accounts and sync, twitter wasn't listing contacts as an option at all. Just data. Weird.

But still, going to try it that way.

Just making sure, while I'm at it, I read somewhere you include wireless tether on your roms to begin with right?

Yeap wireless tether is in the rom.

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If all else fails try this on a fresh install or just sign out of everything. Only sign into google first boot,then sign into facebook app then htc facebook(under accounts&sync) after about 10-15 min. sign into twitter.Your phone just might be trying to sync to much data at one time.

if you are still stuck, this is what i do when my contacts aren't syncing...

go into your phonebook, go over to the third category (updates and events) and hit menu/refresh about 5 times in a row and then let it sit, don't touch it. if it didn't work after about 10-15 minutes, do it again. I've always gotten it to work this way.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
A few things. The lack off pictures did turn out to be titanium backup. Stopped using that and facebook pictures began showing up correctly.

The lack of twitter contacts is still a problem. It's just weird, when you go to accounts and synch and check out the official twitter app settings you should see a synch spot for data and contacts. I only have rr spot for data.

I noticed the part about friendstream only posting to facebook. This had been a long outstanding problem on damage roms, whee I believe the code came from.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Beezy,

It appears the "More HTC Widgets" isn't working in the Iced friendstream version, they download, but disappear. If yo go do download again, it looks like it was never downloaded.

In the regular iced, they show up on the regular widgets list.

trying to dowload battery from the market, also get a "installation unsuccessful" update after downloading a trying to install.

Last edited:

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the widgets issue too. Exactly as described, using iced with friendstream.

Relatively minor problems aside, this rom is great and I'm glad I made the switch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny