How can I change the app order in s10e applications screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a newly purchased s10e and am trying to figure out how I can alter the apparently random order that apps appear in the app list.

I have some apps that (after turning on the phone) appear if I simply swipe right -- apps, widgets, etc. Those I can change.

But if I turn on the phone and swipe UP I get to an application only set of screens that I have to swipe through 9 times to get to applications I've recently installed. What's frustrating is that each page has a random amount of apps on it: some 3x4 = 12, others 5, others 4x5 = 20. I've tried long-pressing to access a menu, and I can see that I can "Custom" or "Alphabetically" sort, but what I want is to put apps I frequently use at the front and all the bloatware at the back.

What are my options? Yes, I know I can long-press on the app and move it to the first section I mentioned, the "phone on, swipe right" but I don't want them there. Feel like this has to be doable somehow but I'm at a loss for how to do it.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like stock One UI. You can move the apps into folders by pressing and holding on an icon hard and then moving it to where you want it. I do not know of an automatic alphabetical sorting. You could install a new launcher like Hyperion or nova and then your apps will be arranged alphabetically for you.

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh that's smooth. What a way to get someone to register. lol bet you could sell ice to an eskimo
FYI, this was from the old days of these forums where unregistered guests could post questions. We Ambassadors would routinely include a suggestion to register, since that was the best way to continue any kind of discussion. After the forums revamp a couple of years ago, unregistered guests could no longer post questions, so that's why you don't see this any more. 🤓

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's smooth. What a way to get someone to register. lol bet you could sell ice to an eskimo
That was from 2 years ago.
FYI, this was from the old days of these forums where unregistered guests could post questions. We Ambassadors would routinely include a suggestion to register, since that was the best way to continue any kind of discussion. After the forums revamp a couple of years ago, unregistered guests could no longer post questions, so that's why you don't see this any more.
Yeah, back then, the unregistered guest question would show as posted by "Android Central Question", or something like that. A lot of those questions were of the "my phone doesn't work" kind, with almost no context provided.

It's a bit hard to give a good response to that.

So we'd want to know "what phone?", "what OS version?", "what are they trying to do?", important stuff to know before answering. And whoever wrote the original question would have no way to respond, so we would also ask that they register to continue the discussion.

In fact, I hadn't noticed that those "Android Central Question" posts had stopped. But they have.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
FYI, this was from the old days of these forums where unregistered guests could post questions. We Ambassadors would routinely include a suggestion to register, since that was the best way to continue any kind of discussion. After the forums revamp a couple of years ago, unregistered guests could no longer post questions, so that's why you don't see this any more. 🤓
I understand. Just how smooth she did it. I almost registered again....lmao
Registering here is different than doing it on other sites. They all want to follow in sukmyturds footsteps over at Facebook and use your info to generate money. It's because of that practice that I shy away from some sites. Never done social media, never will. Guess I enjoy my privacy .

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
That was from 2 years ago.
Yeah, back then, the unregistered guest question would show as posted by "Android Central Question", or something like that. A lot of those questions were of the "my phone doesn't work" kind, with almost no context provided.

It's a bit hard to give a good response to that.

So we'd want to know "what phone?", "what OS version?", "what are they trying to do?", important stuff to know before answering. And whoever wrote the original question would have no way to respond, so we would also ask that they register to continue the discussion.

In fact, I hadn't noticed that those "Android Central Question" posts had stopped. But they have.
I did it support for four offices for a medical group a number of years back. It amazed me the number of callsvi would get first thing in the morning from people telling me their computers weren't working. Finally I generated a memo that said before calling me and telling me your computers wasn't working, please make sure it is turned on. And if your monitor isn't working please turn that on as well.. that cut the calls I got by a good 80%. What I found amusing was when i would go to the offices to check on them how many of them had that memo taped up on their desks. Is it really too hard to remember that? I wasn't gonna complain.

• Haha
Reactions: B. Diddy

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I did it support for four offices for a medical group a number of years back. It amazed me the number of callsvi would get first thing in the morning from people telling me their computers weren't working. Finally I generated a memo that said before calling me and telling me your computers wasn't working, please make sure it is turned on. And if your monitor isn't working please turn that on as well.. that cut the calls I got by a good 80%. What I found amusing was when i would go to the offices to check on them how many of them had that memo taped up on their desks. Is it really too hard to remember that? I wasn't gonna complain.
Those were some great times. I'm 6'2 with looong hair and beard. When I don't pull it back I look like cousin ity from the Adams faulty tv show. Here I was working for this medical group out in Newport beach.mthisbonevdr wanted me to go by and set up a wireless router so his daughter could walk around the house with her laptop. He lives in a gated community with a guard shack at the entrance. I come pulling up listening to sabbath vol 4.;and this guy didn't know what to do. Then I said I'm here to see Dr so and so. He just stood there looking at me. He gets in the phone and tells the Dr someone said he was there to see you. He says I don't know if I should let him in. I could hear the Dr laughing over the phone because he knew it was me.. he went back to checking me?out for a few before letting me in. Things like that make life worth living...rotmfflmmfao

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
Two years in and I never noticed there are no unregistered questions now.

Senility is hard on the still handsome guys. 🤪
I've noticed that my looks don't get me as far as they used to (which wasn't very far) i chalk that up to I would make a very ugly woman . I would give Bruce Jenner a run for his money. That and getting beauty sleep never gave me the results I wanted.

Last edited: