How can I stop my battery draining?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: The battery draining

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it sit overnight off the charger. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't see anything that stands out there. I can't remember--if you tap on that battery graph, do you get a fullscreen graph that includes Awake time and Cell Signal Strength?

How old is the phone? Do you routinely let it drain to zero before you recharge, or do you typically recharge when it hits around 30-40%? If you let it drain to zero regularly, that can shorten the battery's overall lifespan fairly quickly.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this actually looks bad for no reason. The last screenshot... is that it? Is there nothing else in the list below "screen"?

Have you gotten an OS update recently? My brother's phone was having a similar problem where Android OS was the main battery drainer after a LP update. We had to wipe his cache partition in recovery to get his phone back to normal.

Zoolok

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Android OS and Android System - I had the same problem, your phone never enters deep sleep. There is a bug in Samsung's kernel that causes this (puts your phone in a constant wakelock), for me, the only solution was to use another kernel - Arter97 or some other. Arter97 works fine if you don't use GearVR.

[edit] Maybe the Marshmallow update will solve it. You can also get clearer battery stats by using a 3rd party tool, like GSam Battery Monitor.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure what your "No" was a response to. If you tap the smaller battery graph, does it expand to fullscreen, with an Awake bar and a Cell Signal Strength bar?

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure what your "No" was a response to. If you tap the smaller battery graph, does it expand to fullscreen, with an Awake bar and a Cell Signal Strength bar?
I think the op's "No" was in answer to me about having tried a factory reset.
I just had a look on my edge plus though and when I tap the battery graph it doesn't expand and give you all those details which would be very handy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
GSam shows you awake time and cell signal strength, in case the system's battery graph doesn't. The reason I keep asking for this is that if some app is keeping the phone awake inappropriately, or if the cell signal strength is consistently poor, the battery could drain more quickly.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Kill or uninstall Facebook.

I've seen threads where the Facebook app, although way down the battery usage list, is somehow responsible for killing battery standby time. If Facebook doesn't fix it, then kill or uninstall all those other social media apps. I'm not saying don't use them, but you need to do it to troubleshoot this problem.

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Kill or uninstall Facebook.

I've seen threads where the Facebook app, although way down the battery usage list, is somehow responsible for killing battery standby time. If Facebook doesn't fix it, then kill or uninstall all those other social media apps. I'm not saying don't use them, but you need to do it to troubleshoot this problem.
How to kill r troubleshoot facebook?