How can I stop Samsung Notes from asking me to synch?

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to synch my Note 8's Samsung Notes - ever!

But it keeps telling me that it can't synch them. I know! I don't want it to.

Is there any way to permanently dismiss this message?

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else keep getting the notification that Notes couldn't synch? I'd love to tell it that I never ever want to synch my Notes with their cloud. Never.

Maybe there's a better Notes app that I can install that doesn't insist on copying my personal data to a cloud server somewhere.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Sync Notes Nag.jpg

Still waiting to find out how to permanently dismiss this annoying nag that shows up almost every time I launch Samsung Notes.

I NEVER EVER want to sync my phone to anything. Doesn't anyone else get this annoying pop-up when they launch Samsung Notes? I never got this when I was running Oreo.

Or does everyone just dutifully set up sync for their devices, and go on their merry way?

There's got to be something really simple that I'm not finding.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to synch my Note 8's Samsung Notes - ever!

But it keeps telling me that it can't synch them. I know! I don't want it to.

Is there any way to permanently dismiss this message?

See attachment. Hopefully that will help. Mine is off and never do I get the pop-up asking to sync.

Attachments

• 1460.jpg
    1460.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 18

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't get any switch to enable or disable that. Perhaps this is because I don't have any of this cloud stuff enabled or set up. Nor do I want to enable or set it up.

I also get notifications, with a sound, a few.times per day asking me to set up some cloud crap. And when I long press that notification, to try to shut it off, I get a message saying it cannot be shut off. Most annoying!

Maybe this is an AT&T thing.

I may visit the store where I got the phone a few years ago and see what they say.

Waanted

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone, I found the fix to this issue.

All you have to do is enable App Permissions Contacts and Telephone and the popup will go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov