How do I get my magisk manager to work

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Ok so right off the bat this I am a noob at this stuff... Now that we have that out of the way I'll explain... I have a Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) and I started to play around with it after I installed twrp... I installed and uninstalled lineage OS twice (7.1 and 8.1) and each time I uninstalled it and flashed back to 6.1, I got back magisk fairly easily. But now I can't use it after I flash the zip. I can open magisk before I flash the zip and it will open but after I flash the zip, whenever I try to open magisk it gets stuck on the logo screen and eventually tells me that magisk manager isn't responding.. Personally I think it's because the second time I installed lineage OS, I flashed on a file called SU-addon because the tutorial said to but I'm not sure... Maybe a more experienced person can help me!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Get rid of su-addon. su is the whole thing in rooting a phone - if su is there, the phone is rooted. But if it's in /system/xbin, it's a system root (and you need something like SuperSU to control access to it). Magisk installs its own version of su, but not as a system file, so the system can be "made unaware" of the fact that the phone is rooted.

Flash Lineage, as-is. Flash TWRP. Install Magisk 17.2 using TWRP. Do a normal boot from TWRP and install Magisk Manager 6.0.0 (uninstall the existing one if it;s earlier). Then run Magisk Manager and either it should give you 2 greens, or it should ask if you want to install Magisk 17.2 - if it does, let it.

Don't install anything else having to do with root (except maybe a root checker app for your piece of mind).

Also, I'd install at least the Doze and Magisk Charging Switch modules. (Set mcs for 80 40 in a terminal app - type su first, then on the next line type mcs 80 40. Charging will stop at 80% and it won't start again until the battery drops to 40% - it's best for your battery.) Depending on the phone, you might also try the Xposed module (on some it works, on some it doesn't) and the Greenify4Magisk module (same thing - that one bricks my phone and I have to reflash the whole thing, restore from TWRP, etc.) But it's a good app if it works on yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali