How do I get rid of updates I don't want?

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Updates to things like Google Korean input, Hindi input, pinyin etc! Is there no way to have them not show up on updates? Only way to get rid of them is to update them.

Also notice Google search has a new update and Google wants access to pretty well everything on your phone. I see no good reason on a search app to need all of the access's requested. Not going to update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't use those apps, you can disable them. This will prevent them from notifying you of updates. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the app, Uninstall All Updates (if applicable), then Disable.

Google Search includes Google Now, and as you've probably noticed, integrates many parts of the phone's functions and services. So it needs access to a lot of parts of the phone. This is the direction Google has been moving with Android for quite some time now. If this is becoming distasteful to you, it might be time to think consider a different platform--although it may be difficult to find any platform that isn't trying to integrate services.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If you don't use those apps, you can disable them. This will prevent them from notifying you of updates. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the app, Uninstall All Updates (if applicable), then Disable.

Does that now work? I've tried that before, and they always come back, like digital herpes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you disable an app, it should stay disabled. If you Reset All App Preferences, though, that will re-enable all disabled apps--do you know if that's what was going on before?