How do I know if my phone is using HD calling?

suzolin13

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
Several times...my daughter just upgraded also and her service got worse, too. I was thinking it may be a SIM problem but they told us not to use our old ones.

suzolin13

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
You should see great coverage from Verizon there , im in NJ /NY border most people i know have Verizon and great coverage, ask Verizon if they have any towers down or doing maintenance on them .
It's not just where I live, it seems to be happening no matter where I am. Unless I'm in a major city, my signal is very weak.

In my town, I used to have decent coverage for the most part (lots of back roads & tall trees) but now I drop calls all the time where I never used to. It's really annoying.

It's been happening every since I got my new phone. And happened to my daughter as soon as she got her new phone. So it's hard to believe it's the towers...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's not just where I live, it seems to be happening no matter where I am. Unless I'm in a major city, my signal is very weak.

In my town, I used to have decent coverage for the most part (lots of back roads & tall trees) but now I drop calls all the time where I never used to. It's really annoying.

It's been happening every since I got my new phone. And happened to my daughter as soon as she got her new phone. So it's hard to believe it's the towers...
So you never experience with the older devices?
Talk to a supervisor at Verizon and explain this.

suzolin13

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
So you never experience with the older devices?
Talk to a supervisor at Verizon and explain this.
Not to this extent... I'll have to call again & get higher up. I really thought it might be the new SIM because of the 5G & the new manufacturer...that's really the only thing that's changed. The fact that it also happened to my daughter made me think it has to be with the phone & not the towers. I'll update you this week after I talk to someone else. Thanks again!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not to this extent... I'll have to call again & get higher up. I really thought it might be the new SIM because of the 5G & the new manufacturer...that's really the only thing that's changed. The fact that it also happened to my daughter made me think it has to be with the phone & not the towers. I'll update you this week after I talk to someone else. Thanks again!
You can ask for new sim cards or make sure it provision correctly, but never settle on one customer care representative if issue not resolved keep on with higher up until it gets resolved .

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

The fact that it happens with both a new Samsung and a new iPhone is why I suspect it is either the SIM provisioning or the towers, not the phones themselves.

suzolin13

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
According to Verizon, my phone says exactly what it should...Is it possible a tower is damaged & they don't know? Someone else in one of my community groups just posted the same problem with her signal in the exact same areas & she has a different carrier... There are several responses from others with the same problem...!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apep4000