How do I make the new Google Assistant launch from holding the home button?

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I hold it, it just launches the old OK Google thing and doesn't take me to Google Assistant where you can immediately ask a question using your voice like I've seen in many videos. Here is a pic of what comes up when I hold it right now.
0d6869ec30b47467637acdfb0e425c40.jpg

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe the Note 5 has that functionality yet. I believe the S7 Edge may be the only Samsung that does, at the moment.

Mike

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So I'm confused, my Google App updated to 6.13 on Feb 27th. Do I have the Google assistant? I don't really see anything different, certainly not what I saw on the Pixel

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
So I'm confused, my Google App updated to 6.13 on Feb 27th. Do I have the Google assistant? I don't really see anything different, certainly not what I saw on the Pixel

Its got to be an update to Google services. I dont know how it will or will not work on note 5. But google assistant will only come once there is an update to google services

Also i wont expect same capabilities between phones...they all have different hardware and software capabilities.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
It's to any phone running marshmallow and up so it'll come eventually.

Partially correct. Also needs a min of 1.5 gb ram and 720p screen.

I read somewhere yesterday it will be a few weeks to get it rolled out to all phones that are capable.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this morning, it's pretty cool I guess so far. I like the daily brief.
Who's your provider? The note 5 right? It's it going to be an update to Google Play correct? An update will show like it does for any other app you have downloaded? Sorry for the questions, I just know nothing about this assistant.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, I got it now! I just long pressed the home button and I got a message saying I now have Google Assistant. Nothing to download from the store.