How do I stand out as a Smart Phone Enthusiast?

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't necessarily want to know more about my smartphone than everyone else. I want to wear it well. I want to look good, while carrying a smart phone. I don't know if my question makes any sense. But I look at the smartphone as a way to accessorize my style. I'm going to get a new phone tomorrow, but don't know if I should get a Samsung or may dare I say a 6s. The Galaxy looks good with the curves, but I want fashion.

Regardless of the phone I get, I need ideas on how to look savvy with my smartphone. I want to blend in with it. The problem nowadays is that everyone virtually uses a smartphone so it's hard to show off such a device, which is a shame. I don't want to blend in with phone users, I want to stand out.

This is NOT a troll thread. I am dead serious. I used to hate social media. I felt that it gave us a way to get out of actual conversations. People do act strange out in public these days, looking at their social media. With that said, i have accepted the world that we live in. And I'm just going to roll with it.

I want to stand out as a smart phone guy, but I want to actually look GOOD doing it. I don't want to look typical. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right. I'm working out a lot, I'm working on my style and my clothes. I want to look like a really stylish smart phone user that isn't your average Joe. But that's partly why I don't wanna buy just any cheap smart phone. I need one that stands out because I am serious about my style.

Everyone uses smart phones. But I want to be THE smart phone guy. I just wanna look good with one and I want the smart phone to ACCESSORIZE my style.

I have a friend who uses a flip phone. I think he's crazy. He's only 25 years old and thinks it's okay. Conversely all my other friends have apple phones and they criticize me for only having an iphone 5s. So I need to either upgrade to a galaxy s6 or a 6s tomorrow. It depends on which one is considered more fashionable. What are your thoughts?

Because of my friends who criticized me, I take it out on my flip phone friend. I don't like how he uses it. People all have smartphones these days and he's living in the stone age. He's out of style. He don't do social media. Truth is I don't care that much about phones and media either, but it's about the style. I want to ACCESSORIZE. I want people to look at me and say, ''That guy looks good and I like the way how his phone blends in with his style.''

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I take it you're young?

Trust me you will get to a certain age and wonder why you went to all this trouble. Why are you trying to appease others? Get a phone to do what you want it to do. You aren't going to be able to be unique with a handset as more than likely somebody somewhere will have one. How do you overcome that? Customisation. Android is known for it's customisation options that brings with it, with launchers and icon packages.

Then you can pimp the outside of the device with cases or skins.

I think that's probably going to help you more than deciding which phone to get. IMHO.

HTH

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I strongly advise you not to follow the fashion road. It leads nowhere worthwhile. There are things of infinitely greater value in life.
But welcome as a new member! :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if you're going to get much help around here. Most members consider their phones kind of a tool to DO things and not exactly a fashion accessory. So most discussions are about troubleshooting, how to improve performance, personalisation and this type of mundane questions. Yeah, we are smartphone and Android enthusiasts but I'm afraid you're going to find a lot of "average Joes" around here. Sorry about that.

Personally I don't consider a shame that more and more people can afford a smartphone nowadays. Right on the contrary, I think it's wonderful that technology is in the hands of so many people that just a decade ago were excluded mostly by economical reasons. And I really hope this trend not only continues but expands.

Good luck with your query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201