How do I stop Pie from loading - My Pixi says "it will install on next startup"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi
I decided I don't want Android 9 Pie to install on my Pixel 2 XL as there has been many reports it stops the fast charging,,
I disabled updating via the Setting - System - Developer Mode - toggle Automatic system updates but today I received a notification that it has downloaded and will install when I restart .
Is there any way to prevent this from happening ??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
In the past you could wipe the Cache partition in Recovery mode and that would take care of your problem. With the new A/B partition scheme that's no longer an option so your best bet would be to let it do whatever it's going to do. If you experience the fast charging issue that some have reported you could always flash the final Oreo firmware manually; if you do that be sure to skip the setup of any network settings and disable the automatic OS updates toggle, then complete the device setup.
Note that you'll be stuck on the final August Security updates if you go that route.

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I decided I don't want Android 9 Pie to install on my Pixel 2 XL as there has been many reports it stops the fast charging,,
I disabled updating via the Setting - System - Developer Mode - toggle Automatic system updates but today I received a notification that it has downloaded and will install when I restart .
Is there any way to prevent this from happening ??

It's affecting PIXEL XL (THE ORIGINAL) Phone's Fast Charging, not the Pixel 2 XL, I repeat The Pixel 2 XL's fast charging has not been affected. I have been using Android Pie on my Pixel 2 XL and have had no problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
TheJastrom is correct -- the charging issue has been reported for the 1st gen Pixel X, not the Pixel 2 XL. I'd let it update. Not having any problems on mine!