How does Moto Care work?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto Warranty?

Read the language of the warranty. It likely says "new or refurbished" someplace. It's their discretion. The reality is that you're giving them back a phone that is used and will be repaired rather than discarded, where do you expect those devices to go?

In fact, it's right there on the FAQ page!
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...sion/L3RpbWUvMTQ0MDg5NjAyNS9zaWQvcDQyN2xhdm0=

What if I make a claim and you can’t fix my device?

If your device is covered and we can't fix it, you'll receive a like-new replacement Once you receive the replacement, your coverage simply transfers to that device.

The same page says that there is a $39 deductible per claim unless it's within the first year and it's a failure that would be covered by the normal warranty.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I just checked them out(square trade) they have no lost or stolen protection ... I dont think its worth it for 99 bucks for 2 years ... most people file a claim for lost or stolen items..
Who doesn't have lost or stolen coverage?
Are you saying square trade does? Because I looked at the moto ACCIDENT warranty and it doesn't cover lost or stolen... obviously from its name.
Thanks

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Who doesn't have lost or stolen coverage?
Are you saying square trade does? Because I looked at the moto ACCIDENT warranty and it doesn't cover lost or stolen... obviously from its name.
Thanks

It's a warranty, not insurance. Your homeowners insurance likely covers lost/stolen.

Posted via the Android Central App

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site

It's a warranty, not insurance. Your homeowners insurance likely covers lost/stolen.

thanks, but that was kind of my point to Riccardo there. I just wanted him to clarify, the dreaded and hateful phrase, "who's 'they'?" without saying that.
I think we're going to get the moto extended coverage. then just use the included bumper. my wife's tougher in her phone than I am. we own a ranch with cattle so we wear steel toed boots ourselves. a ton of bull (the real kind) can toss my fat arse about 10 feet in the air just playing. a fist between the eyes gets their attention but doesn't hurt then, they **** heads for fun... I'm a real cowpuncher. hat and cattle.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

thanks, but that was kind of my point to Riccardo there. I just wanted him to clarify, the dreaded and hateful phrase, "who's 'they'?" without saying that.
I think we're going to get the moto extended coverage. then just use the included bumper. my wife's tougher in her phone than I am. we own a ranch with cattle so we wear steel toed boots ourselves. a ton of bull (the real kind) can toss my fat arse about 10 feet in the air just playing. a fist between the eyes gets their attention but doesn't hurt then, they **** heads for fun... I'm a real cowpuncher. hat and cattle.

I follow you now. I misunderstood "who doesn't have lost/stolen coverage."
Also, I would not recommend punching a bull in the head. Good way to get a broken hand.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

"Moto Care Accident Protection coverage offers you piece of mind for when life happens.

Two years of coverage including:

- up to 3 claims with a low deductible
- no shipping costs or hidden fees
- accidental damage
- extended mechanical coverage"

I believe the deductible is $35.00

How can you get a warranty if you buy from Amazon?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

How can you get a warranty if you buy from Amazon?

Moto has confirmed that units bought through Amazon or Best Buy can get Moto Care coverage (NOTE: Must be purchased within 30 days & may require copy of Proof of Purchase, for the date).

Here's the link to Moto Care (since I was signed in it may come up as a OG MOTO X)

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/home/

Once on the site go to the Get Help tab and scroll down to the last item "Moto Care Accident Protection"

It's likely that you'll have to register with Moto (with IMEI, etc) but that also gets you started to join the Motorola Feedback Network if you'd be interested in future Soak Test participation...remember, M is coming!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget if you have to go through Moto for a WARRANTY replacement of any kind they charge you a $25 processing fee. It's a total bull crap fee but you will have to pay it if you want another phone. In addition to that if you want them to send you out a device before you send yours back they make you give them a credit card and they place a hold for $500 plus tax on the card until you send the device back...

This is for a warranty claim only. Not if you have insurance.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
re:

I"m going to go on record saying that Moto Care is one of the main reasons I chose not to go with the new Moto X Style. I ave the 2014 Moto X and BlueTooth stopped working during the initial 1 year warranty period. They would not replace it without me paying them to send me a device in advance. So basically their **** effed up and I have to pay them to send me a new device. Yes it's "only $25" but still i don't believe that I should have to pay a company to replace a product they produced that is defective. Just sayin...

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
re:

So how would this work with Moto Maker? They send you a code for checkout? Would delivery be expedited?

They will send you the exact same phone you ordered originally. You have two options...

1. pay $25 and they send you a device prior to you sending in your defective device. They hold $500 against your credit card and release it once your defective device is returned.

2. Send in your defective device and once they receive it they will send you another device just like it. This option is free (unless you have to pay the deductible or the broken device) but you are without a phone for 1-2 weeks at a minimum.

IMHO Moto Care sucks!

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
re:

This is for a warranty claim only. Not if you have insurance.

Yes but moto Care extends the warranty by an additional year and my grip is about paying $25 to get a replacement for a device that is defective though no fault of my own. that would be like your car dealership charging you a shop charge every time you brought you car in for service which is included in the manufacturer's warranty...

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Don't forget if you have to go through Moto for a WARRANTY replacement of any kind they charge you a $25 processing fee. It's a total bull crap fee but you will have to pay it if you want another phone. In addition to that if you want them to send you out a device before you send yours back they make you give them a credit card and they place a hold for $500 plus tax on the card until you send the device back...

I was never charged a processing fee when I sent mine back to get a different one

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

$5B0B753645BF8B4D.jpg

If you send it back first and wait for them to send you a new one there's no fee. However that can take 10 days to 2 weeks. If you want them to send you a device before you send yours in they charge you $25 plus they put a hold on your credit card for $500 until they receive your defective device back.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

They didn't put a $500 hold on my card. It was $25 for the advanced exchange and the hold itself was only $99. Though it's been a week since I put in for my advanced exchange and have gotten nothing other then a confirmation email so I don't know if something has gone wrong.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Moto's return/exchange/warranty policy is the sole reason I will not be buying the new Moto X

Isn't this how most of these warranty's work? I remember when I had to return my Nexus 5. They put a hold on my card until they received the device then they released it.