How many of you are still Samsung loyalists after all this?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Though I've never owned a Samsung product before, my mom and brother do/have, and I've tinkered with their phones from time to time. I have a lot of respect for Samsung, and am always recommending their products. As other users have stated, mistakes happen, and the way that Samsung is trying to go above and beyond in customer service to correct that mistake, as much as they can, truly makes me think that they are a great company. They will for sure come back from this.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm right there with the rest of you guys - it killed me to turn in that "Replacement" Note 7 because it was running flawlessly for me. It never even got the least bit warm, the battery life was remarkable... damned them I thought! I went back to my Note 5 (Thank God I had kept it) - after about 6 weeks, the battery life (or lack there of) was killing me after getting used to the 7. I went to AT&T to get a Note 7 Edge. After playing around with it in the store for about twenty minutes, it was evident that my fat fingers were not going to get along with the "Edge" functions. Every time I moved the phone from one hand to the other or repositioned the phone, something would pop up on the screen. Drove me CRAZY! My AT&T Rep, who I knew well at that point, said "Hey Jim, you like rugged cases and long battery life right? Have you seen this?" He picked up an S7 Active and handed it to me - that was 8 weeks ago. I've been using it ever since. 4000 mah battery is the key, rugged, waterproof and it will last me well until the Note 8 is available and tested. That is where I'm at!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been a Samsung "loyalist" but the N7 issues won't deter me in any way from having a serious look at their next Note offering and possibly getting one. My Note 4 is still running just fine on a reasonably-current build of Android and should continue at least getting security updates until the [insert marketing name for Note 8] comes out.

The Note 5 didn't interest me at all. The Note 7 did, but I was on the fence about committing to 2 years with a sealed battery when the whole issue started. So chances are I'll do the same next time around - let others jump first, and grab one if/when the first couple million people express sheer joy for theirs (and back away slowly if the screaming starts). LOL

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I miss my Samsung N7. I went with the Pixel XL and I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it like I did my Note. I will be preordering a Note 8. I used so many features that aren't available on other phones.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I miss my Samsung N7. I went with the Pixel XL and I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it like I did my Note. I will be preordering a Note 8. I used so many features that aren't available on other phones.
I will preorder as well. Likely the S8 but if the Note 8 is released at the same time then likely that one. I'm on the tmobile jump on demand so I can jump to one or the other when they're released.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would have no problem with getting another Samsung phone at some point in the future. I first exchanged the N7 for a S7 Edge just cause there was nothing even close to the note 7 after it was killed for good.

But as soon as the V20 became available at my local AT&T store out of the blue days before the "official" announced release (seriously LG did a poor job with launching the V20), and literally a day or 2 before my 14 day exchange period was over I could not resist exchanging. I like the s-pen on the note line, but actually the number one reason I wanted a note was its screen size (over 5.5). So when the V20 became a option just in time for me to exchange, with its 5.7 inch display I could not resist. Even though the S7 Edge was/is a excellent device IMO I just missed that extra bit of screen size to much.

Plus I like to change brands and try different things and my last LG was the G4 (which is still going strong and being used by my mom) so I wanted to see how their UX and software had changed since then as well plus having Nougat out of the box was appealing. I've been extremely happy with it and do not regret swapping my s7 edge for it at all, but I have no issue with buying a Samsung phone again in the future.

It sucks that it happened in the first place but I felt that for the most part Samsung did a pretty good job handling the entire situation. How a company deals with something like this when things go really wrong shows a lot about them IMO and other than that shady text message from a Samsung employee that was accidentally sent to a customer I have no complaints with how they decided to handle things.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I know what you mean. I went from an S5, with a brief flirt with an iPhone 6s+ between, to a Nexus 6P. Solid phone that is rootable/romable, but nothing special. Never really loved it. Same vibe I get from the Pixel line. My S7E has done a much better job of filling the hole the N7 recall left than I thought it would. I'm really enjoying being back on Samsung, and the S7E is a great phone for me.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
For now I am done with Samsung. After the note 7 recall. The fact that they have washing machines exploding on them. I will not take any chances until they improve their safety. So for now no I'm not loyal to samsung. Maybe after some time if they improve I might return. We shall see.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not loyal to any particular OEM. I'm more interested in certain features of a device as to whether I'll consider it, the biggest of which are user-replaceable battery, S Pen, QHD large flat display and a soft touch type back (for better grip/feel - use my device naked). To date there is still only one device that has those: the Note 4. So unless Samsung returns those features to the Note series (which is highly unlikely) I'm already done with them. Note: I don't mean to be argumentative in any way just stating my opinion on the thread topic.

So you'd consider yourself a fan of the Note 4? :D

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved the n7 and went through the 2 recalls. I currently use the s7e which I have grown to like very much. Theres no phone like the n7 so I'd definitely go for a n8 but not right away though.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
If someone come with a better note type phone, that meets my needs... See ya!
I'm loyal to a quality product & service, not to a brand.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been a Samsung "loyalist" but the N7 issues won't deter me in any way from having a serious look at their next Note offering and possibly getting one. My Note 4 is still running just fine on a reasonably-current build of Android and should continue at least getting security updates until the [insert marketing name for Note 8] comes out.

The Note 5 didn't interest me at all. The Note 7 did, but I was on the fence about committing to 2 years with a sealed battery when the whole issue started. So chances are I'll do the same next time around - let others jump first, and grab one if/when the first couple million people express sheer joy for theirs (and back away slowly if the screaming starts). LOL

Sounds like a good plan you've got, there! :) It's pretty smart to wait a few weeks or even months to buy a flagship - the bugs and glitches that came out at its launch would most likely be fixed by then, and you'll get to see consumers' reactions to it beforehand.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been a Sammy fan since 2002 when I bought a vcr/DVD combo unit which I'm still using (with a Samsung Blu Ray player sitting on top of it). I have had Sammy phones since the Nexus S and despite having 3 Note 7's and all of the anguish that went with them, I will be on-board when the Note 8 or whatever they call it will land. Using the S7Edge for now, but anticipating that Note 8 and I will once again pre order when the time comes. 😍 I also have a Samsung laptop, washer and TV. I'm invested lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been a Sammy fan since 2002 when I bought a vcr/DVD combo unit which I'm still using (with a Samsung Blu Ray player sitting on top of it). I have had Sammy phones since the Nexus S and despite having 3 Note 7's and all of the anguish that went with them, I will be on-board when the Note 8 or whatever they call it will land. Using the S7Edge for now, but anticipating that Note 8 and I will once again pre order when the time comes. 😍 I also have a Samsung laptop, washer and TV. I'm invested lol
Did you have the washer that was recalled

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say I was a loyalist but Samsung was one of my favorite brands. The Note 7 is likely the best device I ever used. That being said this whole debacle kind of pushed me over the edge to just wanting to use something that won't cause issues and doesn't require tweaking to work well. You guessed it, an iPhone 7+ is now my daily driver though I still also tote an S7 Active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332