How many of you are still Samsung loyalists after all this?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a loyalist to Sammy, I use there great products and everything, some as a daily driver but I have no problem switching with someone like HTC, LG, or Google Nexus/Pixel. I usually wait a few weeks or months before even trying the latest and greatest from any brand, but stuff like that happens sometimes. The Note 7 was THE MOST beautiful phone I have ever laid eyes on. If only the incident never happened... If only.

Last edited:

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I will definitely look at note 8 when it comes out .I have had note 4 and 2 note 7's loved the 7.stuff happens I think Samsung handled things as best they could.I have V20 for now and am happy with it .I am on t mobile jump so I can get a new phone when something else interests me

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I will definitely look at note 8 when it comes out .I have had note 4 and 2 note 7's loved the 7.stuff happens I think Samsung handled things as best they could.I have V20 for now and am happy with it .I am on t mobile jump so I can get a new phone when something else interests me
Same here like the Jump plan.

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
As disappointed as I was with Samsung, I still believe they make quality products, so I will still purchase their products over others. How I see it, mistakes happen, and this mistake cost Samsung BIG and I'm sure they will be much careful next time. I still like their other products though.

Anyone else still Samsung loyalists? Or has this given you a reason to drop Samsung?

P.S.
I am not intending for this to be an argument thread...I know it can get like that sometimes.

I have been up to now but Veriozin is going to be killing them Jan 5th and they told me I lose incentives if I wait till then to give back my Note 7. Just got my fireproof box and am getting ready to mail it. Traded for the Coral Blue S7Edge.

Edit
Misread
I thought you meant a Note 7 loyalist. I am a Samsung Loyalist still and will only buy their Note line or S series. I still plan on upgrading to the Note 8 in September but the S8 Plus is looking tempting. Samsung makes the best smart phones and has the best display. If the Note 8 goes from Super Amolid like is rumoured to 4K I'm going to be thrilled though SA is very vivid itself.

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I went through two Note 7's and a 7 Edge (VZW) before moving to the Pixel XL 128GB. I would and will buy another Samsung phone if they come out with another large-format (eg Note-size) phone, which I expect they will. I think the Edge is a nice looking phone but it just didn't blow my skirt up...whether it's too small or just odd-looking or whatever, I didn't care for it. Verizon was great in letting me hold onto the Edge until the Pixel showed up, too, so I had plenty of time to let the Edge grow on me -- never did.

But there's always one bad experience regardless of how great a company is...and as far as I'm concerned Samsung is a top-tier company. If the Pixel wasn't available (eg didn't exist), I prolly would have held off and waited until February to upgrade...to a Samsung.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
After the final Note7 recall I got the S7 edge and am very satisfied.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
What about looking into an iPhone 7 plus?
I have a strong interest in Samsung Pay as I use it all the time, and I know the android system extremely well. I prefer Samsung, although the IPhone 7 Plus is still a great choice and one I could live with if need be

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I am not a loyalist but I want the best phone out there at the time. When Note 4 came out, it was a powerhouse phone that I bought. Waited 2 years so I can upgrade to Note 7, which was the best phone out there when it was released. So if Samsung keeps making the best phones out there I will stay with them.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a loyalist to Sammy, I use there great products and everything, some as a daily driver but I have no problem switching with someone like HTC, LG, or Google Nexus/Pixel. I usually wait a few weeks or months before even trying the latest and greatest from any brand, but stuff like that happens sometimes. The Note 7 was THE MOST beautiful phone I have ever laid eyes on. If only the incident never happened... If only.

Same here....not blindly loyal to one company. But love the feature set and design of the N7. But I also love my Honor 8 and iphone 7+, V20 and the Pixel XL.
I have Jump on Demand (JOD) with T-Mobile so when the S8 drops I will jump to it from the V20 and then to the Note 8 :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well my 7 Edge has been having some glitchy issues lately I'm not really thrilled about it so I'm starting to second-guess pre ordering the S8 or note 8

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really a loyalist to any of the manufacturers. I'm not a pre order /early adapter. After the major releases have been out a few months and the dust settles I hit all the reviews, user and site, take all the pros and cons into account and decide which phone fits my needs.

gedzum

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I stuck with Samsung too. I liked the features of their products (screen, camera, build quality etc). compared to other products available when I had to make the switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54