How many switched from iPhone

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I had ordered a 256GB s22 ultra, I loved the look of the phone, the camera was good, the feel of it. The Spen was great but I couldn’t stick with it. I ended up returning it and sticking with my iPhone 13 pro max. Everyone I talk to has an iPhone and the screen on the S22U looked blue at times. But even though I’m back on apple I miss the s22u. Has anyone switched and made it work? Like how do you send high res pictures and videos? How’s group chats? Help me lol

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I moved from iPhones a few years ago to Samsung and haven't looked back.

We use what we are used to / feel comfortable with at the end of the day.

And it's true when people say an ecosystem can be hard to move away from.

Buyers remorse can play a part sometimes too !

I've had no issues with my s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black Exynos versions display and group texting is fine.

I'm not too concerned with sending hi res photo's etc. I use WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger personally.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had both and I still have an iPhone 13 Pro Max 512...which I believe I'm going to sell. I haven't touched it in over a month. The S22Us are just more engaging for me to use. I actually enjoy using those so much more than the iPhones. The iPhone 13 Pro Max is a beast of an iPhone, no doubt...but the S22Us with their performance and SPen and customability.... I had to just finally admit that that's the experience I prefer. I'm sure the Fold 4 will just reinforce that for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I had ordered a 256GB s22 ultra, I loved the look of the phone, the camera was good, the feel of it. The Spen was great but I couldn’t stick with it. I ended up returning it and sticking with my iPhone 13 pro max. Everyone I talk to has an iPhone and the screen on the S22U looked blue at times. But even though I’m back on apple I miss the s22u. Has anyone switched and made it work? Like how do you send high res pictures and videos? How’s group chats? Help me lol
You can also ask that very question here
https://forums.imore.com/

Lot of us you probably see there or be familiar as we either switched or have both platforms

Im using both Android and iPhone and understand missing Android as I would also .

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You can also ask that very question here
https://forums.imore.com/

Lot of us you probably see there or be familiar as we either switched or have both platforms

Im using both Android and iPhone and understand missing Android as I would also .

The iPhone forum is not to fun when someone mentions android. It becomes very one sided and toxic. Plus I was just wondering how many have switched from an iPhone to the S22U and how did they break away from apples ecosystem

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The iPhone forum is not to fun when someone mentions android. It becomes very one sided and toxic. Plus I was just wondering how many have switched from an iPhone to the S22U and how did they break away from apples ecosystem
I didn't know been long time since I been there and remember seeing members here over there :(

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know been long time since I been there and remember seeing members here over there :(

Yeah there are a few members over there that as soon as android is mentioned they start trashing it and talking down like apple is all mighty and perfect. They ruin having a good clean discussion. I’ve literally gotten into it with one member bc he always has to try and be right with how high and mighty apple is by the numbers

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah there are a few members over there that as soon as android is mentioned they start trashing it and talking down like apple is all mighty and perfect. They ruin having a good clean discussion. I’ve literally gotten into it with one member bc he always has to try and be right with how high and mighty apple is by the numbers
Yeah that's not right , report members like that to Mod team

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I enjoy both platforms but I always pick up the S22 U first ...it's not even close while daily driving both phones

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I switch back and forth yearly and I love the S22 Ultra and haven't had a want to go back to iPhone. I do think about it, but the S22 so far has done well. It syncs with my Windows Surface Pro 8 tablet/laptop and (it works similar to the Apple Ecosystem) in that way where I can text from my PC and grab phots, open apps, etc.

I had the 13 Pro max 512gb model before this.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of users here will switch from IPhone to Android often -- or will wield two devices at the same time. It's hard to choose sometimes, isn't it?

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an Iphone 13. I like it...but I don't love it. I wish we could merge them so that some of the features are on both ( Imessage, facetime...) But I am keeping my Iphone as a separate work phone and having the S22 as a daily driver.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I know we don't have anything like iMessage but Android has everything else and iMessage and FaceTime are no longer enough to keep me in iOS. I love the S22U like I've loved no other phone to date. I loved the Fold³ but worried about its durability. With the the S22U I have no such concerns. ...and its only gonna get better. I'm typing this on an old Note 9 I picked up and even it is still nice and completely usable (the screen, back, and battery were replaced) but when I use the S22U ADO (Alpha Dog Omega) the performance and slickivity are palpable. ...and then there's the S Pen....

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I switched last year from an iPhone 12 Pro Max to an S21 Ultra. Then in December, I switched from the S21 Ultra to the Z Fold 3. And last month, I went from Z Fold 3 to the S22 Ultra. Not looking to go back to iPhone anytime soon.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max, Pixel 6 Pro and the S22 Ultra. I switch devices every now and then when I want to use something different lol. I'm currently on my S22 Ultra and I have been for a bit now.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone for my work phone and then sold my personal 12 pro max for an S22U. It's been a couple years since I have been back on Android but I don't plan on going back. My work phone reminds me of that everyday when I use it. Lol.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max, Pixel 6 Pro and the S22 Ultra. I switch devices every now and then when I want to use something different lol. I'm currently on my S22 Ultra and I have been for a bit now.
I have the exact same trio, they're all good at certain things. I wish we could merge all three together to make one awesome phone.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same trio, they're all good at certain things. I wish we could merge all three together to make one awesome phone.
I really wish I could mix the pixels AI with Samsung's hardware and software. Man would that be a powerful phone...

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Like how do you send high res pictures and videos? How’s group chats? Help me lol

If all your friends use iPhone and iMessage, then it's not possible to send high-res images and video from an android phone. They would need to download and use a third party messaging application like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or something else to send high res media to one another.

The reason being is that iMessage is a proprietary messaging application and doesn't use RCS for its messaging, which Google uses on the Messages app. That means that any messages from iMessage to any other messaging protocol will fallback to the SMS standard.

Google have been pushing for Apple to implement RCS into iMessage, but apple haven't done so yet. I doubt they would either as more people, particularly in the US, use iPhones and so people who use iPhones don't have issues messaging one another using the default messaging system, however on Android, depending on your region, the popular messaging app can vary from WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat etc.

Messaging is a mess on Android. Google are trying to fix it, but the default Google Messages app isn't popular, it only recently got RCS built in, which still requires carriers around the world to implement RCS on their network and allow connectivity to other carriers networks. A major carrier in a country could just say no or charge extra for it and Google can't do anything because they don't control the standard. Google should have just made an iMessage competitor that does the exact same thing and doesn't require reliance on carriers to function.

We've seen now that in India, the Google Messages app is getting spammed with ads thanks to RCS: https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/18/23121150/google-messages-india-rcs-ads

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've given in to temptation once or twice concerning the iPhone. I really did love the build quality of the latest iPhone's. But the lack of a fingerprint scanner, no AOD and having to jump through hoops just to install a custom ringtone. I mean, I need Garageband to set my own ringtone, gees. So I always end up selling it. But at least it retains its value better than androids.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz