How many switched from iPhone

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If all your friends use iPhone and iMessage, then it's not possible to send high-res images and video from an android phone. They would need to download and use a third party messaging application like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or something else to send high res media to one another.

The reason being is that iMessage is a proprietary messaging application and doesn't use RCS for its messaging, which Google uses on the Messages app. That means that any messages from iMessage to any other messaging protocol will fallback to the SMS standard.

Google have been pushing for Apple to implement RCS into iMessage, but apple haven't done so yet. I doubt they would either as more people, particularly in the US, use iPhones and so people who use iPhones don't have issues messaging one another using the default messaging system, however on Android, depending on your region, the popular messaging app can vary from WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat etc.

Messaging is a mess on Android. Google are trying to fix it, but the default Google Messages app isn't popular, it only recently got RCS built in, which still requires carriers around the world to implement RCS on their network and allow connectivity to other carriers networks. A major carrier in a country could just say no or charge extra for it and Google can't do anything because they don't control the standard. Google should have just made an iMessage competitor that does the exact same thing and doesn't require reliance on carriers to function.

We've seen now that in India, the Google Messages app is getting spammed with ads thanks to RCS: https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/18/23121150/google-messages-india-rcs-ads
You can still send high res pictures. As far as I was aware sending them as a link let's then be sent at their original quality.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I carry my S22 ultra and a iphone XS Max. I really like how Apple supports their devices. I mean I just updated to 15.5 on a phone that's several years old. Hardware is great and everything just works...

Ultimately I stay with Android because of customization and ease of use. I mean I've been on Android since my HTC Hero. I'm now using my first "Note" and it's been fantastic. Honestly since I picked up my S22 Ultra I've hardly touched my iPhone...

So you tried the S22 and went back to iPhone. If it's what you like stick with it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an Iphone 13. I like it...but I don't love it. I wish we could merge them so that some of the features are on both ( Imessage, facetime...) But I am keeping my Iphone as a separate work phone and having the S22 as a daily driver.

I would LOVE it if we could merge Android with Apple... But alas, that will likely never happen. :(

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My very first smartphone is a Windows HTC phone with a slide out keyboard. Then came the HTC Evo all HTC's until the 7 edge I have never tried it have any desire to have an i phone but I don't bad mouth the knees they have it an like it.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Switched from the 13 pro to s22, pretty much on the verge of sending it back after 3 days. The battery life is freaking atrocious on the device.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Switched from the 13 pro to s22, pretty much on the verge of sending it back after 3 days. The battery life is freaking atrocious on the device.

I was very worried with mine when I first bought it due to the poor battery. Coming from my LG V60 I was used to great battery life. It took about a month but now I'm getting 7-8hrs of screen on time per charge.

If you like the phone I'd say give it a chance. Watch your return window and give it some time to adapt. I'm very pleased with how mine has settled in.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I carry two devices. S22U and iPhone 13 mini, the perfect companion they complement each other and I get the best of both worlds.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope so, I really like this phone. I hope I can give it 2 weeks casue I only have a 2 week retune period.
It will definitely improve the phone will get optimized as you use it. Apps will go into deep sleep as you don't use them and background activity will get limited based on your usage.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
It is possible to send Hi Res photos to iPhone users. There is a relatively new feature on Goggle Messages which will auto ask you to send a link, without leaving the app. Used to need to leave the messages app and go to photos app and save to link. It works flawlessly on Pixel, but not sure on Samsung's skinned version of Messages. I don't think I have seen the option yet. Although I have had the "server side" features for a while on the Sammy skinned app, maybe Samsung will add the link feature. I would just be happy to have my RCS back since it disappeared on the Samsung skinned app since their last update.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about Samsung's themed Google messages but you can do the link right from the stock Samsung app.

What is Samsung themed Google messages? Cuz when I restored this phone from my 21 Ultra my Samsung messages shortcut at the bottom had a Google shortcut icon and I got rid of it. But I also have Google messages I just haven't used it in a while cuz not enough people I know use it for me to take advantage of RCS.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I had ordered a 256GB s22 ultra, I loved the look of the phone, the camera was good, the feel of it. The Spen was great but I couldn’t stick with it. I ended up returning it and sticking with my iPhone 13 pro max. Everyone I talk to has an iPhone and the screen on the S22U looked blue at times. But even though I’m back on apple I miss the s22u. Has anyone switched and made it work? Like how do you send high res pictures and videos? How’s group chats? Help me lol

I often jump between iPhone and Samsung Galaxy but I got my S22 Ultra on preorder at launch this year and couldn't wait to get back from my iPhone 12 Pro Max I'd stuck with for a year (which is quite long for me). The reviews and the look of the device were too much of a draw to ignore. I usually feel like I've "come home" when I get back to a Samsung but this time wasn't quite like that. Loads of bugs and battery drains to begin with put a little dampener on it and even after the first month and the novely wore off I found myself regretting giving up the iPhone just because I'd gotten a little bored with it. I really miss having no battery anxiety, I charged that thing once a night and would easily last all day with heavy use. Not so with the S22U, I had to buy an extra Super Charger for the car and the house for fast top ups. In all honesty I'm now looking forward to the iPhone 14 release in the Autumn so I can go back to that old cliché "it just works". It's not even just about the phone for me either. I always use a smart watch too and I'm missing the Apple Watch too. My Galaxy watches don't even come close to that. The only thing I'll miss is Vanced YouTube. That's worth having an Android for alone tbh.

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I often jump between iPhone and Samsung Galaxy but I got my S22 Ultra on preorder at launch this year and couldn't wait to get back from my iPhone 12 Pro Max I'd stuck with for a year (which is quite long for me). The reviews and the look of the device were too much of a draw to ignore. I usually feel like I've "come home" when I get back to a Samsung but this time wasn't quite like that. Loads of bugs and battery drains to begin with put a little dampener on it and even after the first month and the novely wore off I found myself regretting giving up the iPhone just because I'd gotten a little bored with it. I really miss having no battery anxiety, I charged that thing once a night and would easily last all day with heavy use. Not so with the S22U, I had to buy an extra Super Charger for the car and the house for fast top ups. In all honesty I'm now looking forward to the iPhone 14 release in the Autumn so I can go back to that old cliché "it just works". It's not even just about the phone for me either. I always use a smart watch too and I'm missing the Apple Watch too. My Galaxy watches don't even come close to that. The only thing I'll miss is Vanced YouTube. That's worth having an Android for alone tbh.
I wonder, did you set your S22U to 60hz like the iPhone? I know the iPhones have great battery life but if you like the iPhone 12PM you're used to 60hz anyways and it would make battery longevity better.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating on whether to make the switch back to Android after using an iPhone 13 Pro as a daily driver since Christmas. First reason was to give iOS an honest effort after being away from it since the iP4. Secondly, I wanted to see the hype surrounding the Apple watch. What can I say, I am a sucker for technology.

There are a lot of positives I can take away from being on the iOS ecosystem for the past five months, but there are other areas that I miss from Android which do work better in my opinion. Google Assistant, notifications, always on display, and customizations to name a few examples. I have used Samsung devices in the past, mainly the note series so I am looking at the S22 Ultra as my phone choice. The bloatware never bothered me and in reality it is no different than what having both Google and Apple apps on an iPhone. The Spen can be so handy to have even though I very rarely use it. Also, the rest of my family use Samsung devices, so it might easier sharing photos, videos, and etc.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm debating on whether to make the switch back to Android after using an iPhone 13 Pro as a daily driver since Christmas. First reason was to give iOS an honest effort after being away from it since the iP4. Secondly, I wanted to see the hype surrounding the Apple watch. What can I say, I am a sucker for technology.

There are a lot of positives I can take away from being on the iOS ecosystem for the past five months, but there are other areas that I miss from Android which do work better in my opinion. Google Assistant, notifications, always on display, and customizations to name a few examples. I have used Samsung devices in the past, mainly the note series so I am looking at the S22 Ultra as my phone choice. The bloatware never bothered me and in reality it is no different than what having both Google and Apple apps on an iPhone. The Spen can be so handy to have even though I very rarely use it. Also, the rest of my family use Samsung devices, so it might easier sharing photos, videos, and etc.
I recently sold my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It's a beast of an iPhone. ...of an iPhone. The S22U is just...a beast...and I love it.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Just read in news S22 ultra is the most loved samsung phone in india..which gave samaung 84% market share in premium phone category
Love my samsung S22 ultra...I used 2 samsug phones daily...S22 ultra and Note 20 ultra