How much luck has everyone had going naked?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
All giggles aside, I'm curious. Basically since I got the phone I've had a thin TPU-ish case on it. But dangit I want to show off the brown leather! Sometimes I take the case off but put it back a few minutes later. I just can't stand the thought of something happening to it. Maybe if I heard some stories about durability and wear it would make me feel better about going naked?

My mom told me about something Oprah said on her show way back. If you have nice china, what's the point if you never use it, or only use it once a year?

I think that philosophy carries over to the G4 and the leather. For those of us who appreciate the leather backs, we should be able to...appreciate the leather backs.

I use mine without a case at all when I'm home, and often when I'm out of the house. I use a case as (it might be) needed. So, when I go to the gym, if it's raining out, for a picnic or something like that.

I'd say my G4 is naked, with either the black or red leather back, 70% of the time.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Not naked for me...I have this slim skin gel case and it is perfect for me...it provides the basic protection for my everyday use

Posted via my LG G4

I had that case, but I noticed that it was trapping the heat in the phone and causing a slow down. I ditched it for an Amzer bumper case to protect the sides and the phone runs great again.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
My mom told me about something Oprah said on her show way back. If you have nice china, what's the point if you never use it, or only use it once a year?

I think that philosophy carries over to the G4 and the leather. For those of us who appreciate the leather backs, we should be able to...appreciate the leather backs.

I use mine without a case at all when I'm home, and often when I'm out of the house. I use a case as (it might be) needed. So, when I go to the gym, if it's raining out, for a picnic or something like that.

I'd say my G4 is naked, with either the black or red leather back, 70% of the time.

Your mom is absolutely right my friend....Luckily the slim gem case I am using gets out in just a second so as to enjoy my leather back G4 when I need to....thats why I am against the heavy duty cases...they are so hard to take them off amd put them back again...however heavy duty workers do need them for protection

Posted from my LG G4

Last edited:

jesthe3rd

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been going "naked" for two weeks with no problems, but I do I have a shatterproof screen protector on my phone. I figure if I mess up the leather, (leather actually looks better with age) I can always order another leather back. The screen is my main concern, and the screen protector so far has worked when I have dropped my phone. I may try a bumper, but I am not there yet. This is the 1st phone I have gone "naked" on, but it's just too nice, and feels too good in the hand.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been going "naked" for two weeks with no problems, but I do I have a shatterproof screen protector on my phone. I figure if I mess up the leather, (leather actually looks better with age) I can always order another leather back. The screen is my main concern, and the screen protector so far has worked when I have dropped my phone. I may try a bumper, but I am not there yet. This is the 1st phone I have gone "naked" on, but it's just too nice, and feels too good in the hand.

I don't think this particular leather is going to look better with age, though. It is thin and less resistant to actual damage than a thicker leather.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I never got a case for my 2013 Moto X and I don't have a case for my LG4. I'm not planning on getting one either. The LG4 is big enough without a case. If the phone drops and breaks I've got insurance. If it gets scratched on the leather back I'm fine with it.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Always went with cases before but never dropped my phone so I figured why hide the beauty of it behind a bulky case that totally hides the sleek form factor and leather feel of this phone? If I'm going somewhere that I'm gonna be taking a lot of pics with it I might use a slim tpu case, but other than that I'm in the buff and loving it! "See the great feel the great"!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
In all my years I've never even considered going without a case on my phone even though I've never dropped one but after reading this I thought I'd give it a try for today. I didn't last an hour, it just felt wrong without it. Its funny though I all but forgot about the leather back until I saw it again. Kudos to all of you who don't use cases, I just couldn't do it.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Its fine going naked around the house however once I step outside i always seem to get harassed saying its not right to be out here like this what am i doing wrong/ :)

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think that if you get the leather back it's a shame to cover it up, but the good thing is if you have to have a case, there are backs that nobody is going to miss, and more of the cases fit those backs anyway.

jesthe3rd

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
True, but as I said I can always get another back for it. I am going to get black one any way to mix it up and I found one made by Pierre Cardin on amazon that looks like high quality leather for $30. So I am buying that one too. :)

Stryyker

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
The cool about scratch and damage the back on g4 is easily replaced for another back. Now the screen is another thing.

The costs here for a safe plan??? For damage crashes and drops are around 100€ but sucks since my country prices are to high 599€ (LG g4) with safe plan goes around min 700€ which is insane for me. So I prefer use a temp screen for safety them paid another 50/100€ if the screen cracks on.

I never go full naked. I never dropped a Phone, I never damage any phone I owned but the time if That happen I probably go regret and cry because I didn't "protect" myself enough

Enviado do meu LG G4

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
True, but as I said I can always get another back for it. I am going to get black one any way to mix it up and I found one made by Pierre Cardin on amazon that looks like high quality leather for $30. So I am buying that one too. :)

That Pierre Cardin item is a case, not a back. You may realize that, but just in case. You can get it for about half the Amazon $29 price (with free shipping) on eBay. I just checked both Amazon and eBay to make sure.

I wound up with all three colors, and it is a nice leather case. Mainly one of those snap ons that covers the back and a bit of the sides. Light protection.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, you can buy a replacement screen with the plastic frame already attached (recommended) for about $80 right now and this phone is very easy to work on. Along with the replaceable back cover it certainly makes this phone less of a risk going naked if that's your preference.

Posted via the Android Central App

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
My line of work. Otterbox Defender.

I bought the Black leather G4 ONLY because I didn't like the gold trim on the other variants. Bought the tan leather back and that is allowing me to express my inner suave. 😍

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Naked as a new born baby over here. Have 4 leather backs that I swap out every week or so. Love showing it off. Never had a case on it, never had a problem with scratching or dropping it.

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Been naked since the day the phone launched. Apart from normal wear on the edges of the brown leather the rest of the phone looks new. Tempered glass screen protector fitted as well just to protect screen. Surprised there has been no marking to the camera bezel or lens but with the curve on the back it lifts off any table. If that was an intentional design point then it's very well thought out.

Still one of the best phones to hold without a case spoiling it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using cellphones almost since the first one came out (still have a couple of MicroTACs and one still works, even if there's no network it'll work on). With my Nextel i700 I never used a case - I'd use that phone as a protector for my Otterbox Defender. (Dropped it 6 stories onto concrete once - took a while to find the battery door, though.) Used it as a diving timer too. They don't make phones like that any more.

For my current Androids, Otterbox Defender. I'm not clumsy, but accidents happen. (Turn around, catch the cable for the Qi charger with your elbow and the phone does a nice tennis serve into the wall.) The phone's been dropped and slammed a few times, but you can't tell no matter how closely you examine it or the Otterbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware