How much luck has everyone had going naked?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Where's "here"? I save a ton with the T-Mobile plan I'm on when I buy my phone outright. Paying roughly $1,200 over a two year period ($50/month including price of phone) instead of the $2,360 ($98.33/month including price of phone) over the same period if I was under contract.

....and yeah, as someone else said, a once carrier tied iPhone can definitely be unlocked (and for no charge).

The first part of you post confuses me. Even if you buy a phone from T-Mobile on the payment plan you still pay the same over 2 years or if you pay it up front -- Unless the last part you mean in contract with another carrier (like AT&T).

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how their on contract plans and phone purchasing works. Assumed it was like most where it's $199.99 on contract and closer to $500.00 off contract. I switched from AT&T on contract to T-Mobile off contract a few years ago.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
All giggles aside, I'm curious. Basically since I got the phone I've had a thin TPU-ish case on it. But dangit I want to show off the brown leather! Sometimes I take the case off but put it back a few minutes later. I just can't stand the thought of something happening to it. Maybe if I heard some stories about durability and wear it would make me feel better about going naked?
Off topic I know but where did you ever come up with your sign in name? Very original. Did you have a penguin with no feathers? LOL

Any I have never done it. I like my phone to be pristine but I scratch up my cases. In a nice looking phone I look for clear cases but it is hard because I insist on a kickstand. I will never understand why kickstands are not built into all smartphones with big screens.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how their on contract plans and phone purchasing works. Assumed it was like most where it's $199.99 on contract and closer to $500.00 off contract. I switched from AT&T on contract to T-Mobile off contract a few years ago.

Ah -- Yeah T-Mobile doesn't have contracts anymore. Just phone payments which basically split the cost out to a monthly payment over 24 months. I usually do the payment plan and just pay it off within 3-5 months.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar. I believe that is for postpaid accounts, while I'm on a prepaid account (the set it up yourself online special with 5GB of LTE data for $30/month).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar. I believe that is for postpaid accounts, while I'm on a prepaid account (the set it up yourself online special with 5GB of LTE data for $30/month).

Ah yep it is postpaid (missed you saying prepaid .. sorry!). I am on the $50 unlimited everything (talk,txt,data) plan (2line/$100). The gf and I just each pay for our own line .. really is a crazy deal. :).

In relation to this post -- She keeps insurance on her line as well (I don't) in case she breaks the phone. She doesn't go naked though -- I had her get an otterbox defender since she is kind of rough with her phone lol.

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a skin/case or screen protector on any phone and if I get a G4 (seems likely at this point) I don't intend to use any for it either.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I rarely use a case with a phone (used an Urban Armor Gear with my iPhone since it was a free case to review), and have never had issues.

Did drop and break the back glass of my Nexus 4 during the few weeks I did not have it in my Ringke Fusion case.

My G4 has no marks on it that were not there when I bought it used. Added a tempered glass screen protector and that's it.

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's funny. I use a huge case with a kickstand but I hate screen protectors so my screen is vulnerable. I used to have the glass protector. Bought it right before my phone was replaced on warranty. Now my Note 3 is getting long in the tooth so I haven't invested in the glass. I have insurance anyway. Maybe next time I break it I will get an updated model?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware