How often you wireless charge

Wireless vs cable

• Total voters

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Definitely I Know some are going like corded better that's why I started this thread with a poll. One thing I don't like about corded is wear and tear on the USB terminal , and I know it's not big issue for people who upgrade every year or are careful but everyone different.

Joey Soprano didn't like wired charging.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Though I like wireless charging it doesn't do that much for me as it did because of wired quick charging. It was great when it first came out. My Droid Maxx would go on the stand to charge whenever I wasn't using it so I didn't worry as much about forgetting to charging it.

I find the speeds between the wireless charging and cable about the same , also find it more convenient for me as no cord in the way from keeping it upright while browsing the phone or video calling my family.

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I really like the wireless charging. I have several around my house and my cabin. I also worry about the wear and tear on the USB port and have gotten a a little obsessed with keeping my phone charged. I don't like that the pixel stands are $80 and that none of the other chargers will fast charge.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I really like the wireless charging. I have several around my house and my cabin. I also worry about the wear and tear on the USB port and have gotten a a little obsessed with keeping my phone charged. I don't like that the pixel stands are $80 and that none of the other chargers will fast charge.

Just my thoughts..... If you shell out big bucks for a Pixel than the 80 dollar stand shouldn't hurt so much. They can also he had for less.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I only use the wireless charger on my bedside at night. Otherwise, Im mostly charging it by cable in the car or with the laptop. When I had my Nexus5, I had a wireless charger on my desk at work. Unfortunately, I cant have a phone out where I work now otherwise I would have a wireless charger on my desk. That being said, I dont really need to charge my phone that much, I only plug it in the car for AA.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I agree with you on wear and tear , it's little expensive for it's the only one that wireless charge fast but I got a deal and promotion on black Friday and pick up 2 wireless pads from Google for 64.00 . Just got find the deals .

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Just my thoughts..... If you shell out big bucks for a Pixel than the 80 dollar stand shouldn't hurt so much. They can also he had for less.

I don't understand why it would hurt less after shelling out more. I would think it would hurt less if I got the phone cheaper.
I did get my four Pixel 3s for $400 a piece on Black Friday though.
My point is I have 6 fast chargers that worked on my Galaxy phones that won't fast charge my Pixels. I still use them for overnight charging by our beds.

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you on wear and tear , it's little expensive for it's the only one that wireless charge fast but I got a deal and promotion on black Friday and pick up 2 wireless pads from Google for 64.00 . Just got find the deals .

I got to the party late on the half price pixel stands. By the time I saw it they were all gone. I'll wait for a deal on them or for more Google approved ones to come out.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I mostly use it when I have time as it's slower than cable charging. I'm using an older Samsung charger that works fine but doesn't do fast charging. It doesn't fast charge my S8+ either.

The cable charger on the Pixel 3 is really fast. I'll use that if I need to get charged quicker.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'll pick up a Pixel Stand if they go on sale again. I missed it last time.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I never wireless charge. Cable is faster and I only top off once a day. Then plug it in when I go to bed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why it would hurt less after shelling out more. I would think it would hurt less if I got the phone cheaper.
I did get my four Pixel 3s for $400 a piece on Black Friday though.
My point is I have 6 fast chargers that worked on my Galaxy phones that won't fast charge my Pixels. I still use them for overnight charging by our beds.

I was saying that from the perspective that it's an expensive phone so it doesn't surprise me that that accessories are expensive. I don't mind the price for either one.
I have two Tylt chargers that I bought years ago before they had rapid wireless chargers. They charge at about the same rate as a normal wired charger. They were 50 dollars each apx 5 years ago but I got them for half price. I still use one with the Pixel when I don't need rapid charging.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I’m slowly moving over to wireless charging. Have a Sammy charger that came with a used a note 8 I had earlier this year and bought that Anker pad that was advertised on Mobile Nations last week. The wife has as iPhone 8 so we can both use the charger.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I’m slowing moving over to wireless charging. Have a Sammy charger that came with a used a note 8 I had earlier this year and bought that Anker pad that was advertised on Mobile Nations last week. The wife has as iPhone 8 so we can both use the charger.

Nice , you have the flat one or stand up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos