How often you wireless charge

Wireless vs cable

• Total voters

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Since the pixel 3 has this do you like it more then the standard plug in cable?
That's all I use. I have one on my office desk since I work from home and one on my night stand. I also have the type c charger that came with the pixel 3 XL in my kitchen and once in a blue moon I'll charge it but rarely. I live 95% on the pixel stands.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's all I use. I have one on my office desk since I work from home and one on my night stand. I also have the type c charger that came with the pixel 3 XL in my kitchen and once in a blue moon I'll charge it but rarely. I live 95% on the pixel stands.

I pretty much charge my devices wireless , it usually takes about hour and thirty minutes which is nothing but if I need to charge it faster because in the rush I'll go to the cable . I have to say most my phones last a day in half before charging.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much charge my devices wireless , it usually takes about hour and thirty minutes which is nothing but if I need to charge it faster because in the rush I'll go to the cable . I have to say most my phones last a day in half before charging.
Me too, but since I typically always have my pixel on the pixel stand unless I'm using it I don't run into the issue of having to use a type c charger too often, but indeed I do the same exact thing as you.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a wireless charger at bedside, and table side in the living room at home, in my car, and at work.

I think I have used wired maybe once or twice unless I am traveling. I don't take a wireless charger with me when I travel.

The convenience of wireless for me far out weights the speed of wired charging. I am not worried about topping it off and battery life, as a matter of fact from my research it is better to keep the Li Ion battery fully charged vs running a battery cycle type of routine.

Plus I will only have this phone for about a year anyhow.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree it is easier... But every time I brought it up people acted like I was crazy. Maybe that was in the pixel 2 forum.
I, on the other hand, wasn't surprised at all. I was surprised by the number that use wired when wireless is so much easier.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised also

I have to believe this is mostly selection bias. First, folks on this site are more likely to use wireless, and second, my guess is those responding to this thread are more likely to use wireless.

Hard to know for sure, but that would be my guess.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I have to believe this is mostly selection bias. First, folks on this site are more likely to use wireless, and second, my guess is those responding to this thread are more likely to use wireless.

Not saying you are wrong, just curious how/why you came to this conclusion/guess.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I need more wireless charger. I bought that Anker with the intent to have it downstairs so the wife and I could access it (she has an iPhone 8) but it has made its way to my bedside. Lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

That's why I put a poll up see the results and not guess. I found the results so far interesting. Some chose both and other picked one or the other.
Also pixel owners from the 1st one and 2nd that came to the 3 hadn't had wireless charging wanted see how they feel about it.

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not saying you are wrong, just curious how/why you came to this conclusion/guess.

I could very well be wrong. It is an educated guess though. Part of my work involves surveys and data, so understanding sources of bias is critical.

IMO, nearly any poll of this group will not be generalizable beyond this group. Folks that are here and take the time to post/reply here are heavily weighted to early adopters -- so selection bias to using wireless charging. Also, since the post title reflects wireless charging, you are going to disproportionately gain the attention of people interested in wireless charging (users and non-users for sure, but still with interest). These factors would bias the poll towards over-representing wireless charging.

Of course I can't say to what extent. My post was reflecting on the fact that several folks were surprised by the response. I tried to give a reason that may explain the surprising results.