How often you wireless charge

Wireless vs cable

• Total voters

Aggelos Zaharakis

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Wireless is much more convenient. My household has 3 iPhones and 2 androids that charge wirelessly and we have two Samsung and two Belkin wireless chargers plus two iottie in the cars. Slower charging, but so convenient. I have one on my desk and since I got it, I do not remember using cables even though wired chargers of all kinds are everywhere in the house and office. What I don’t know is how much wear and tear we excert on the batteries with all these numerous placements on and off the chargers. Time only will show on the relevant applications.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wireless is much more convenient. My household has 3 iPhones and 2 androids that charge wirelessly and we have two Samsung and two Belkin wireless chargers plus two iottie in the cars. Slower charging, but so convenient. I have one on my desk and since I got it, I do not remember using cables even though wired chargers of all kinds are everywhere in the house and office. What I don’t know is how much wear and tear we excert on the batteries with all these numerous placements on and off the chargers. Time only will show on the relevant applications.

Well I still have my s8+ been wireless charging that from beginning no issues so that's a good sign

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hehehe...! I am really enjoying this phone. So smooth, so slick. Was a bit concerned about battery life, but it hasn't let me down yet. Even playing music, in the cold, while skiing, and gps tracking my entire day, I still enough juice left to get me through the night till it rests in the stand!
Good for you - these other people here are taking something as simple as charging a phone and turning it into one of those cluster thingies. I suspect they are same people who could screw up the proverbial ham sandwich.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Good for you - these other people here are taking something as simple as charging a phone and turning it into one of those cluster thingies. I suspect they are same people who could screw up the proverbial ham sandwich.

I dont know if I can screw up a ham sandwich , but I can demolish one 😊😂😂

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
In my testing they are not the same at all, corded charging seems to be about 50% faster. While the pixel stand does fast wireless, it can't touch cordless yet.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Speed of wireless charging has definitely come a long way, as well as thermal management - phones no longer get toasty on the pad. The only downside for me is the poor compatibility of being able to use a wireless charger and magnetic dash mount at the same time.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I don't even own a wireless charger, so cable for me. I may get a Pixel Stand if I catch a deal but am not anxious to pay $79 for one.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So in your finding how long it takes to charge on cord compared to the pad?

I based my math on Ampere. I checked it because the time to charge my phone on the Stand was much longer than expected. Next time I get under 50% I will see that the phone predict for time to charge.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Wireless @41% 1 hour 7 minutes

Wired @44% 38 minutes

Wireless @49% 59 minutes

These were taken consecutively (pulled it off the wireless and plugged it in) and represent how long the Pixel says it will take to complete the charge.

Clearly being plugged is much faster (~2x), as these match what was expected bases on Ampere.

That said, I generally use my Stand unless I need a quick charge before heading out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wireless @41% 1 hour 7 minutes

Wired @44% 38 minutes

Wireless @49% 59 minutes

These were taken consecutively (pulled it off the wireless and plugged it in) and represent how long the Pixel says it will take to complete the charge.

Clearly being plugged is much faster (~2x), as these match what was expected bases on Ampere.

That said, I generally use my Stand unless I need a quick charge before heading out.

Nice.. so yeah if you need quickly to recharge use the cable otherwise stand is good enough

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Pixel stands I noticed were popular even at the $80 price it seems.

I was at Best Buy on Thanksgiving evening and picked one up for $40 being they were on sale. They only had one left when I got into the door, and I was one of the ones waiting in line to get in when they opened. The guy said they have been selling pretty good.

On a different note, I remember someone saying in one of the threads here that they noticed the phone heats up more when wired charging as opposed to charging wirelessly.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
At home I always use my wireless charger now. I hope to get a Pixel Stand for Christmas and I'm thinking about getting a wireless for my work truck.