How to add apps to a pre-existing folder

Carthik

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
The only time I seem able to add apps to a folder is when they are newly created as the "+" icon is in the folder. Once apps have been added I see no option to add more apps to the created folder afterwards. The only option I have is to "remove" the folder and do it all over again and include the new apps.

This seems illogical, there must be another way?

Carthik

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried dragging an app shortcut and trying to drop it into the folder?

Yes, as soon as I "drag" the app it jumps to my home screen for it to be placed. I want to organize my apps in the "apps" menu, not the home screen.

I'm just coming over from BlackBerry OS btw...

labboypro

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Google hrought me here looking for somution to same problem. I have stock Note3 and had same problem with kit kat and again with this week's push of lollipop. Creating folder for first time lets me add whatever I want, but ince created, cannot add new items. Long tap of open folder is only hot on name, which lets me rename folder. Inside folder "..." menu lets me change folder background color. Phone sofy menu lets me create new, delete, or do other page level (not folder level) things. Seems like a horrible UI failure to folder feature if they didn't include add capability to folders.

benwiggin2

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Go to app drawer. Hit menu > Edit. Tap the folder you want to add the app to. There will be a "plus" symbol to select the app you want to add.

Cockermom

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to add a game to a folder that I already had. Go to Apps. Hit Edit from the (3 dots) drop down menu in the upper right corner. Touch the folder you want to add to. A box will appear. Hit open folder. Touch the + sign. The apps will have a check box in the upper right. Check the apps you want to put in the old folder. Easy Peasy.

mirskymj

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
My phone is a note 9. I had a similar problem but it was solved by going to Settings > Display > Home Screen > Lock home screen layout. Deselect. Now you should go to the folder, open it, click add apps, select the apps you want to add to that folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc