How to change Calendar event color?

HackerChick

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The S4 correctly displays my existing calendar entries with the event colors I've set for them (I've set the colors in the Google Calendar web app).

However, I can't find a way to edit this color from the S4 Calendar app. Does anyone know if there's a way to do that?

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The S4 correctly displays my existing calendar entries with the event colors I've set for them (I've set the colors in the Google Calendar web app).

However, I can't find a way to edit this color from the S4 Calendar app. Does anyone know if there's a way to do that?

Cannot be done. Very annoying!

kjm3809

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know this cannot be done through your phone, however, there is a way to change the colors through Google which will then change them in your phone. Go into your Google Calendar from a computer (phone browser may work too but I haven't tried) and edit the calendar color. The color your phone uses is basically taken from your Google Calendar colors. I've found that using Google's 24 colors works better than creating your own custom color. I have 6 different calendars, which all had custom colors. My primary calendar was a customized bright yellow, which my S4 was displaying as orange. Orange happens to be the color of one of my other calendars so I kept mixing them up. Once you change all of your Google colors to one of the standard 24 colors, just hit "Sync" from your phone calendar and they should update and match up better. Hope that helps!

Thorsten Stanley1

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
sorry when I go to settings in my S4 there is no calendar settings under "my device" or under "more"

where exactly do I find calendar settings please ( for a beginner!!)

Thanks

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what gadget22's advice was actually supposed to accomplish (back in July), but I believe the intention might have been to go to the Calendar app, tap the Menu button, then Calendars, then Edit, then Add. But again, I'm not sure if this was the actual intent, or how it would relate to the original question that was asked.

MaacGyver

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
The best thing I found to change the color on my phone, was download the Google Calendar App, it can be done there. You can also go to the Desktop site on your mobile browser, but the control is a bit funky.
It is a shame that they appear in the default calendar, but cannot be changed there.
Edit: Dave has it: You can change this by making multiple calendars, with multiple colors, but I prefer one calendar with event colors for management. (MenuButton>Calendars>Edit>Add>Tap Square to Change Color of created Calendar: When you "Add an Event" Use the drop down menu above the title entry to select your calendar.)

Last edited: