How to disable 5G on Samsung S20 FE 5G ?

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the app. It's a "fake"..it pretends to switch to 4G...says 4G...but my connection speed is still squat. Of note, I don't know how this works but installation of the 5G tower has killed my "bars"...my cellular reception is 1 bar in my apartment now but for the past 4 years, been full bars.

5G utterly sucks.

So, this fake app...any real ones that actually change the band?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the app. It's a "fake"..it pretends to switch to 4G...says 4G...but my connection speed is still squat. Of note, I don't know how this works but installation of the 5G tower has killed my "bars"...my cellular reception is 1 bar in my apartment now but for the past 4 years, been full bars.

5G utterly sucks.

Thats the app ive used if there any other out there check XDA Forum

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
MILLIONS of others are having this same issue..they have to be since my circumstances are not unique. So why no outcry?
I think that's a bold assumption. The problem that you are reporting is limited to very specific data plan, carrier, device and geographical location.

I couldn't agree more when you say that "5G utterly sucks". It's true, mostly everywhere. The Verizon guys gave you another solution/workaround, use a SIM card with only 4G/LTE capabilities and see if it works for you. This could be the best solution until you decide to change to another carrier or device.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got a expensive phone that does not work. Who do I go to, to get help with fixing it? work-arounds are not acceptable. I need a real fix...like how to access hidden control, how to hack the phone remotely to make it do what I want, etc...anything useful. Calling verizon customer service is an exercise in futility.

Somebody has to know how to fix this since millions of other people are having the same issue without question... this is unreal. I cannot use my phone.
If Verizon doesn't work for you, then it would be best to look into another carrier that works better, such as AT&T or T-Mobile. Have you asked neighbours, friends and coworkers you know which carriers they use and how their coverage is?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

5G utterly sucks.

It's not fake. A bad signal from your closest tower is still a bad signal regardless of the network type.

5G or 4G won't matter if you are not getting a good signal. We can only let you know of the options to try. We aren't miracle workers, and we aren't your service provider. Don't get pissed at us just because we didn't "fix" your problem. All it means is that your issue is beyond our capabilities to help.

Now it's time to take your grievance to your service provider. By either talking to them, or switch carriers.

I will tell you that I have similar issues with AT&T at my house which is in a relatively rural area, but bigger suburban areas and one city are only 5 minutes away. And I have plenty of towers around me since I'm technically still within a "metropolitan" area. Yet, I still have weak patches everywhere. But if I travel just a bit down the road from those patches - suddenly get screaming speeds. And the bars don't even change much.

We are all just regular phone users like you. We share our experiences when we can. But what works for some don't always work for others. You don't have to be so sensitive and take everything so personally if you don't get the expected results. Not every answer given around here works for me either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty