How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Manually install ICS direction

we are good. thank you

does this mean that when the OTA does eventually push to my phone, i just ignore it? Or will it know that I have it already and not push?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

that's funny. I should have done this yesterday. I really appreciate you helping me out, i'll post a screen shot when I get it all set up.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

that's funny. I should have done this yesterday. I really appreciate you helping me out, i'll post a screen shot when I get it all set up.
glad i could help out with this. the is a very good update for our devices. everything runs better and smoother

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Sorry it took so long to reply. I started messing with it and lost track of time.

This is no small update, LG really put some effort into this and it shows. I suspect that it is really just a port of their new software for the optimus G, but it is still just a HUGE upgrade... didn't expect so many goodies

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

sandraabsent

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Lots of complicated posts on how to do this with adb, or tricky button combinations to get to the recovery. For those of us who are on rooted GB, just three easy steps:

1. Download and place update.zip in your root SD card directory.
2. Download the app Quick Boot from the market, and choose reboot to recovery option.
3. Once in recovery, apply the update :)

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

sandraabsent

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Ahhhh I deleted sprintid.apk ages ago and now need it to install the update. I would use the unbrick method but I have a mac. Anyone have the apk or suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I would advise too try using someone computer that runs windows and use the unbrick method guide and then do install manual ics guide. I do have apk and odex file for the sprint id. if your phone rooted you will still need too use both guides too get android 4.0

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok so when i try to update I get "E: failed to verify whole file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted
So what do I do?

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

It also says the update.zip file I downloaded from your provided link is only 295kb so maybe that's not the right update file?

Ok to reiterate on the page where the update.zip file is located it says the file size is 273.27MB but when I put it on the root of my sd card it says it's only 295kb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred