[HOW-TO] Install Official CM7 Release (Gingerbread) to Internal Memory (eMMC)

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the nightly 17 build. I couldn't connect to WiFi during setup (it took the WEP key, but then it would sit at "Obtaining IP address" forever and never connect) so I think that might've been a reason why I couldn't install the gapps I needed (though I flashed the zip in recovery). So now I just have the Nightly 17 build, no market, no wifi. Help?

What router do you have? Dlink routers have a fixable issue on CM7

lfb02000

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I imaged the sd with "2g_bt_card_image.img" and the NC boots great....got market working etc. But wanted to have the use of the other 6 gig on the sd card so used easeus to expand the 4th partition to add the unallocated 5+ Gig but I still can't see where it is available. It seems to be there in Astro. I'm using ADP to push media files but can anyone tell me where the 6 gig is located within the directory system? What is the directory name? thanks

anon(221753)

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that over %50 of my battery has been drained by something called "Cell standby" or "Phone standby" or similar (don't have the nook with me at the moment)... is there a way to disable this phone standby to presumably enhance battery life? Thanks.

PIYIRIO

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that over %50 of my battery has been drained by something called "Cell standby" or "Phone standby" or similar (don't have the nook with me at the moment)... is there a way to disable this phone standby to presumably enhance battery life? Thanks.

Yes, you can turn it off. Standby is always going to use some battery, the longer on its asleep the more battery used.

Reactions: anon(221753)

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to successfully pair and connect their phone? I can't get my fascinate to fully connect, just says it's paired.

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about going to update CM Nightly-21 from Nightly-11; anyone know if this will be a clean wipe of the system or if it will act as an upgrade & keep my data intact?

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Just use clockwork to clear cache but not data, and then apply it. If you use the overclock, you need to grab the newest one at [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [3/16/11] - xda-developers and wipe Dalvik Cache.

The DSP isn't in 21, but it should be in 22. There's something in stagefright keeping the framerate down, and it's not the CPU.

[DEV] CM7 Developers Thread **Basic video test build [03/15/11]** - xda-developers

Here's a link to the test build with DSP if you don't mind youtube/etc being 8-10 fps. Note: This build removes Ad-hoc, so if you need tethering, do not install it until a fix is posted.

Reactions: red.drako

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Kazy!
I've fallen behind a bit with keeping up on the forums here - work & such. I know about the OC Kernel from Dalingrin, but what is DSP?

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Just bumping since 22 adds DSP (Video) although choppy, it's there! It works smoothly if you have an A2DP device. Seems like a sound bug by that though.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This is what I love about Android specifically and this site in general: the sharing, the sense of community, everyone helping each other. And I've been on here since the end of December, and honestly have yet to see a harsh word toward someone for asking a question...definitely an upgrade from a lot of forums I'm on! :D

Just use clockwork to clear cache but not data, and then apply it. If you use the overclock, you need to grab the newest one at [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [3/16/11] - xda-developers and wipe Dalvik Cache.

The DSP isn't in 21, but it should be in 22. There's something in stagefright keeping the framerate down, and it's not the CPU.

[DEV] CM7 Developers Thread **Basic video test build [03/15/11]** - xda-developers

Here's a link to the test build with DSP if you don't mind youtube/etc being 8-10 fps. Note: This build removes Ad-hoc, so if you need tethering, do not install it until a fix is posted.

Ridel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the rooting scene, been playing mostly with the bootable zips of Honeycomb and Froyo, and followed the autonooter procedure to root a stock 1.1.

At this point, I'd like to jump on the bandwagon for CM7. However, I'm finding that I'm having a really hard time looking for a thread that details how you go from Stock to CM7.

It seems like everyone expect you to have Recovery installed via ROM Manager. I'm finding that there's two versions: old (3.0.0.5) and new (3.0.1.0). Everyone says that you have to use the new version, but the OP in this thread also states explicitly that you shouldn't use the new version to flash stock.

Am I missing something very obvious here? What version of Recovery should I be using to initially flash stock to CM7?

Ridel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
[RECOVERY] Official CWM 3.0.1.0 Update - xda-developers

Here's how to install the newer version of Clockwork.

Thanks Kazy. That thread clarifies all the conflicting warnings I've been reading about 3.0.0.5 and 3.0.1.0, EXT4 support, and when you should use what.

That is to say that I should not use ROM Manager to flash CWM anymore. Fortunately I can easily update using MrMuffin's cwmr_3.0.1.0.zip to let CWM update itself.

billybil

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
i'm also very new w/ the whole rooting thing, but i did manage to get CM7 onto my nook and its quite nice!

question, how do i update to a newer CM7 build? do i have to go through the whole process of wiping everything again? or is there a way to just update it w/ a newer image?

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i'm also very new w/ the whole rooting thing, but i did manage to get CM7 onto my nook and its quite nice!

question, how do i update to a newer CM7 build? do i have to go through the whole process of wiping everything again? or is there a way to just update it w/ a newer image?

Wipe the cache and simply install the .zip of the newer version. There is no need to wipe system or data.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose