[HOW-TO] Install Official CM7 Release (Gingerbread) to Internal Memory (eMMC)

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So I take it this can't be run from an SD card like the other NC roms? (as in remove the SD card and boot and you are back on stock)

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on build 18 thinking of updating to 30, but I have a question. Is it possible to update to the eMMC from booting in recovery? (without a microSD card?)

In showing my brilliance I reformatted and am using the SD card I used to install CM7. It'd be great if I could just drop the img in the internal memory and just boot into recover mode.

=X=

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
@Kazy Thx I had read that thread often enough, but I could never figure out if it replaced the SD method. I've done the update now and am in the process of booting into the new build 30.

I've downloaded 23 and 30 just be on the safe side.
=X=

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Please forgive my ignorance, I just flashed CM7 to my NC (was running HC). Does this ROM have the "TV on off" animation, because I cannot seem to be able to find it/get it to work.

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help a noob out?

I am having trouble installing CM7 to my Nook. I already rooted the nook using auto nooter 3.0.

The problem I am having is the following: I downloaded and unzipped the clockwork img file and dd'ed it to my 8gb sdcard (I am on a Mac). Then I try to move the CM7, Gapps and Dalingrin zips onto the sdcard but it won't let me. I checked the sdcard and it says it's READ ONLY. I checked to make sure the sdcard lock wasn't on, and it wasn't.

How do i set the sdcard to read/write permissions? And if I need to try burning the img file again, how do i format the card?

Thanks all

Reactions: ClintRo

hyserure

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
One last thing I should add:

The sdcard is now titled "boot" and contains the following files --
mlo
boot.bin
uImage
uRamdisk

I tried popping it into my nook to format it and I got an error "Format has failed". I then tried to format the card in my digital camera and it says it was successful (but nothing changed). Help!

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed to the CyanogenMod 7 RC4 build. Big speed improvement over the nightly build from a few weeks ago. The Nook Color has gained hardware acceleration.
No trouble playing web videos now. They were a little choppy before.
I was also able to again overclock to 1100mhz without any trouble.

Reactions: jon1371usmc

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
@Kazy, Saw your video demo, very nice thx. Quesion what keyboard are you using, I noticed you get the tablet keyboard layout that was slated for a future release of Swiftkey?

=X=

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
There are some nice tablet oriented keyboards out now:
Thumbkeyboard is like $1.50 and the new Swiftkey beta is out now with tablet support.

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It was Thumb Keyboard. Honestly, Swiftkey tabletg is pretty crappy right now on the Nook Color. It wasn't made for 1024x600, so the keys are really tiny.

I'd kill for Thumb Keyboard's layout with swiftkey's prediction engine, though.

Reactions: _X_

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
It was Thumb Keyboard. Honestly, Swiftkey tabletg is pretty crappy right now on the Nook Color. It wasn't made for 1024x600, so the keys are really tiny.

I'd kill for Thumb Keyboard's layout with swiftkey's prediction engine, though.
Agreed on both accounts. Swiftkey's blue glow is sexy though...

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've seen it asked in this thread but not answered. Can you do this on a stock Nook Color (not rooted)? Or do you have to go through the root process first?

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So with bluetooth working, can you connect a Wiimote? I would love to play emulators without using the screen controls.

/nerdgasm

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it asked in this thread but not answered. Can you do this on a stock Nook Color (not rooted)? Or do you have to go through the root process first?

I installed CM7 on a SD card, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to root the NC prior to installing it to internal memory, since you will be using the SD card version of Clockwork. After installation it will be rooted without requiring any extra steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones