[HOW-TO] Install Official CM7 Release (Gingerbread) to Internal Memory (eMMC)

nmtuna

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
There was a way to replace a few of the files and disable this in Froyo...I suspect it will be disabled in future builds since Encore is incapable of phonecalls.

I know i can rename the phone.apk, and sms.apk and such, but doing so will make it so some apps don't show up in the market, I just want to disable their ability to work without making them disappear.

Drive-N-Fine

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just installed this for the first time last night. I was testing out a couple of things and so far most things are fine but there are a couple of small problems I've noticed. I came from this build, "nookie-froyo-SDIMAGE_2GB-0.6.7.img".

The wifi seems a little choppy but not bad. The other more annoying issue is that I have tried two video play back apps. RockPayer, and mVideoPlayer. I have a number of video (MP4) files that I have played using both of these apps on my Dinc as well as my NC on the "nookie-froyo-SDIMAGE_2GB-0.6.7.img" build. In both cases the video played perfectly. On this build either it won't play them at all or the video lags and it keeps getting worse the longer it plays.

Does anyone know of a cause or possible fix?

dzitran

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I initially installed honeycomb and found it to be a bit flaky on many things, i'm sure it will be much better after a couple more releases.

In the meantime I installed the CM7 port, MUCH better, very stable.
Installed Button Saviour for a back button, AdFree, DropBox, Astro File Manager.

The only oddity i've noticed with the CM7 is with Wifi, when I turn it on it goes;
Turning on...
wait...
Turning off...
wait...
Turning on...
wait...
Turning off...
wait...
Turning on... Getting IP... On!

It works, just takes a minute or two to get connected.

and of course, Flash doesn't work at all....

Same thing is happening with me! Reading this thread, I thought I was the only one.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Same thing is happening with me! Reading this thread, I thought I was the only one.

wifi is a known issue.

mine toggles off and on a few times before connecting

Nightly v15 seems to be MUCH better for me. Before that sometimes it would never connect unless i rebooted.

krabat

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just installed this for the first time last night. I was testing out a couple of things and so far most things are fine but there are a couple of small problems I've noticed. I came from this build, "nookie-froyo-SDIMAGE_2GB-0.6.7.img".

The wifi seems a little choppy but not bad. The other more annoying issue is that I have tried two video play back apps. RockPayer, and mVideoPlayer. I have a number of video (MP4) files that I have played using both of these apps on my Dinc as well as my NC on the "nookie-froyo-SDIMAGE_2GB-0.6.7.img" build. In both cases the video played perfectly. On this build either it won't play them at all or the video lags and it keeps getting worse the longer it plays.

Does anyone know of a cause or possible fix?

CM7 doesn't have any video codecs installed and so it's playing all your videos strictly through software decoding. If you watch a lot of videos you would be better off sticking with Nookie until they get this fixed. I believe they are working on it.

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the nightly 17 build. I couldn't connect to WiFi during setup (it took the WEP key, but then it would sit at "Obtaining IP address" forever and never connect) so I think that might've been a reason why I couldn't install the gapps I needed (though I flashed the zip in recovery). So now I just have the Nightly 17 build, no market, no wifi. Help?

kobeblackcat

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions and everything seemed to install fine but the Nook seems to take forever to boot. This is my first time booting and it's been on the screen with "Android_" at the bottom of it for at least 5 minutes. Is this normal for the first boot?

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions and everything seemed to install fine but the Nook seems to take forever to boot. This is my first time booting and it's been on the screen with "Android_" at the bottom of it for at least 5 minutes. Is this normal for the first boot?

No I think something is up, unless you are exaggerating the amount of time.

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm not exaggerating. Any idea what I should do to fix it?

Check your MD5, make sure your file isn't corrupt.

Also try wiping /data/ /system/ and /cache/ and trying to flash again. Make sure you're using clockwork 3.0.0.6 or above. 3.0.1.0 is recommended.

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm not exaggerating. Any idea what I should do to fix it?

Did you by chance accidentally format Boot? It could also just be a bad flash. Check the checksum of the rom you downloaded and follow the directions again. It should take all of a few minutes unless you have reformatted the sd card you used.

PS. Damn v18 is running smooth with Dalingrin's 1100mhz kernel. This just keeps getting better!

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Then try downloading the image again. Are you flashing through ROM Manager or clockwork? I'd try downloading it manually and flashing the zip in clockwork.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete