How to restore "memo" notes on old Android phones?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I deleted some important note(s). How do I restore them?
Apparently, it is possible to restore them as long as I don't save new files (which could overwrite the deleted files)... well, I probably saved 1 or 2 notes afterwards, so maybe all is already lost for good. But I keep hoping... Anywazs, so I don't want to install any app etc. on my phone, but probably rather access via computer to restore the files.

Unfortunately, it is an old phone (Samsung S5 mini). Not sure if I can access my phone and look up the exact OS without creating some logg that could also overwrite a critical file?

A

Android Central Question

How to restore "memo" notes on Android 6.0.1? (Thanks so much!!!!!!!)

How to restore "memo" notes on Android 6.0.1?

I deleted some important notes. How do I restore them... if possible, without paying for an app or professional?

It should be possible to restore them as long as I don't save new files (which could overwrite the deleted files)... well, I probably saved 1 or 2 notes afterwards, so maybe all is already lost for good. But I keep hoping... Anyways, so I don't want to install any app etc. on my phone, but probably rather access it via computer to restore the files... but I don't know how to proceed - ?

It's just personal stuff - memories of the first few weeks of my child... :-( ... and I'd rather spend money on my child than on some recovery app...

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to restore "memo" notes on Android 6.0.1? (Thanks so much!!!!!!!)

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone and memo app? Is this LG's Quick Memo?

In general, the stock note-taking apps on phones (especially older ones) are pretty basic and don't back up or sync your notes anywhere -- they just keep the notes locally on the phone, and if you delete a note, it's gone forever. Exceptions include Google Keep (which automatically syncs with your Google account) and probably Samsung Notes (which I think syncs with your Samsung account or OneDrive).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Memo was Samsung's stock note-taking app back in those days. It didn't backup or sync anywhere automatically, as far as I can tell, so I'm afraid any deleted notes are gone. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar