[How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ty very much I got it and everything went fine...got back to VD but now I can seem to log into recovery (tried home+vol up (then down)+power button

and nothing says I have root...sooo I did it again...from start to finish everything again went smooth, and yet nothing says I have root.

downloaded a root checker, and superuser hoping that would fix it lol, nothing. read somewhere about a terminal emulator so downloaded that and su keeps getting me permission denied...wtf

please help me figure this out.
To get into recovery you press and hold Home + Vol- + Power, not vol up (then down)

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
not to sound like a complete noob...i'm running on 2 hours sleep atm...how exactly do i do that lol

rooting the hero was easier than this lol

*edit* nevermind, i decided to redo it...i think it will work now....i think it was the cab file...i redownloaded it and redid the steps....

Last edited:

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
ok, so, i've went through every step, i can get it to force flash to V9. unfortunately i have a phone that had the new display drivers so, i can't use z4root. i did however go through and root and install a custom recovery. then force flash to VD, i must be missing something because, i lost root and i no longer have a recovery..... :/

vankirk88

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
To get into recovery you press and hold Home + Vol- + Power, not vol up (then down)

no lol, was saying I tried it both ways....not up and then down on the same go.

home + vol up + power
then
home + vol down + power

i'm going into recovery but the recovery screen is empty...I can even reboot there but it's completely blank...so I dunno.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
no lol, was saying I tried it both ways....not up and then down on the same go.

home + vol up + power
then
home + vol down + power

i'm going into recovery but the recovery screen is empty...I can even reboot there but it's completely blank...so I dunno.
Read warning #2 as to why that is happening.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
oh trust me I know.

I'm currently back to Version VD with CWMA installed...everything works other than nothing says I have root and when I boot into recovery my LCD stops working again.
You installed CWMA v5 right? Zefie changed the kernel on CWMA. I need to put the link back to the old one. Try flash_image CWMA v4.

As to indication you have "root", if you run adb shell to your phone and see the "#" sign, you are root. You can do this even with CWMA v5 with your screen blank. To make it "root" in the sense most people use it, copy "su" to /system/bin and chmod 4755.

vankirk88

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You installed CWMA v5 right? Zefie changed the kernel on CWMA. I need to put the link back to the old one. Try flash_image CWMA v4.

As to indication you have "root", if you run adb shell to your phone and see the "#" sign, you are root. You can do this even with CWMA v5 with your screen blank. To make it "root" in the sense most people use it, copy "su" to /system/bin and chmod 4755.

hrmmm...I'm not sure as to what version I installed. It was 12518.5 so i'm assuming v5

that is greek to me, I thought I did that in http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-5-a.html#post596820 <-there

see thats what I don't understand. I finished up rageagainstthecage, and got root then, shouldn't I have root now?

And no even in adb shell I can't get "su" after I flash VD back. always permission denied.

vankirk88

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
awesome. So to clarify I just need to do it again but flash v4 instead of v5...that fixes my black CWMA screen but how do I gain root after upgrading back to vd...or will that fix it?

sfhub...ty for all your help by the way. It probably gets old talking to newbies like me day after day :p.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
awesome. So to clarify I just need to do it again but flash v4 instead of v5...that fixes my black CWMA screen but how do I gain root after upgrading back to vd...or will that fix it?

sfhub...ty for all your help by the way. It probably gets old talking to newbies like me day after day :p.
Nah, courteous ones are always no problem.

BTW you hide your newbieness well, I was giving short instructions because it didn't sound like you were a newbie.

To answer your question, yes, v4 should solve your issues. The instructions used to point to v4 but got updated to v5 when that came out. v5 uses a new kernel which also has the no display issue. Installing 12518.4 should resolve that because it uses a kernel which can display on your unit.

Sorry about that. I wrote up the warning #2 instructions mostly working stuff out in my head. I don't actually have a unit to test with that suffers from the LCD display problem so it is kind of like installing stuff blind but with writing instructions.

Regarding root, when you install most custom ROMs, that will give you root. If you want to root the stock ROM, see part 5 of the how to root LS670ZVD thread.

I updated the warning #2 instructions to include all that.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Now that you have a working CWMA recovery, you can boot to regular Android and follow the ZVD rooting guide.

vankirk88

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Now that you have a working CWMA recovery, you can boot to regular Android and follow the ZVD rooting guide.

ah, well see how does one use quickboot without root access? at least thats the problem I ran into before. The instructions say to use quick boot in order to boot into recovery. Yet the quick boot I have won't let me use it until I have root access. can I substitute it with the key combo or should I have root all ready at that point.

deadset

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
v4 should fix the blank screen problem. I've tested this myself on the new LCD revision. I know for sure it was a new LCD because the blank screen occurred in stock V9 recovery but not in CWMA v4.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ah, well see how does one use quickboot without root access? at least thats the problem I ran into before. The instructions say to use quick boot in order to boot into recovery. Yet the quick boot I have won't let me use it until I have root access. can I substitute it with the key combo or should I have root all ready at that point.
For steps 1&2 of part 5, you can substitute:
1) power down phone
2) home + vol- + power

This will get you into recovery, same as quickboot would have done.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
v4 should fix the blank screen problem. I've tested this myself on the new LCD revision. I know for sure it was a new LCD because the blank screen occurred in stock V9 recovery but not in CWMA v4.
You are absolutely correct. CWMA v4 uses the stock VC kernel and displays on the new LCDs. CWMA v5 uses a custom kernel which results in the display problem.

generosity

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get the root process to work. My screen is blank, as I have the newer LCD. I have tried it over a dozen times, restarting my computer and the phone several times, and I just keep getting the $ instead of the # when I go back into shell after running the exploit. Any help please??

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci