[How To] Root Galaxy S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So what I'm getting from this thread is that your Samsung S4 on AT&T running 4.4.2 cant be rooted to put Google Play Edition on it?

Absolutely not the boot loader is still locked until someone unlocks the boot loader impossible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OK. Lots of confusion. Sat in front of computer for hours. I have Samsung Galaxy s4 on sprint . (SPH-L720). I tried once got lost and tried to start over. I look through phone and see the superuser app but no root check. ???Therefore I backed off and decided to start again tomorrow. Hoping you can tell me the proper link to follow. Below is the rest of my info thanks!!!
software version L720VPUFNAE
Hardware version L720.08
Model- SPH-L720
Android version 4.4.2
baseband L720VPUFNAE
KERNEL - 3.4.0-481102
dpi@SWDD5908 #1
Build - KOT49H.L720VPUFNAE
SE for Android enforcing
Secure boot status. Type Samsung
Security software version MDF v1.0 release 2.
I'm trying to root and get sim unlocked to use for T-Mobile.

If your on sprint your boot loader isn't locked you can use a method that flashes an Un official kernel then re flashes the official kernel and gives you root when you add super.su binary once you flash your new recovery WARNING THIS TRIPS THE KNOX FLAG THERE'S IS NO RESET FOR THIS ONCE KNOX HAS BEEN TRIGGERED YOUR WARRANTY IS PERMANENTLY VOID FLASH AND ROOT AT YOUR OWN WRISK
OK and are you 100% sure the band's that the sprint model (cdma carrier) is compatible with the mobile (gsm carrier) are compatible?? And don't expect anything over 3 g and half the range support unless there bands are completely compatible might just serve you well to buy a new phone

Yankton2

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

New to this. I have a slightly broken AT&T galaxy S4. No more service with AT&T though. Can I use this rooting to convert the phone into a wifi only tablet? No interest in using it as a phone.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

New to this. I have a slightly broken AT&T galaxy S4. No more service with AT&T though. Can I use this rooting to convert the phone into a wifi only tablet? No interest in using it as a phone.

You can kind of do that now?? I mean simply use it as a wifi device how is it broken?

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Newbie here.

I've got grandfathered in unlimited minutes with AT&T. Rooting wouldn't put my unlimited minutes in jeopardy would it - just void the warranty on my phone which has expired already anyway?

Also, where is this deadly venom magic tool and the instructions for using it to unlock most recent stock OS Galaxy S4? Sorry, if link was provided earlier - so many posts I could have missed it.

Yankton2

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I haven't completely pulled it apart yet. The screen is slightly warped now and some of the glue (or whatever adhesive they use) that connects the screen without the outside edge of the case has come apart. I picked up a new battery and it seems to boot ok. I have been looking at repair videos and I may be able to get it back to where it is mostly original. Not sure how well it will hold together with the warp. It's not much but doesn't look like it will take much to continue pulling away. I have it in airplane mode for now. Is there much else that can be done with it for home use? If nothing else it would make a nifty remote for my XBMC box.

ryan.okins

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time rooting my phone.

Specs are:

SV: L720VPUFNAE
Kernal: 3.4.0-481102
SE for Andriod Status: Enforcing SEPF_SPH-L720_4.4.2_004

Carrier: Sprint
Phone: Galaxy S4
AP/CP: L720VPUFNAE
CSC: L720SPTFNAE

I go through the root process and all seems to run fine, however Root Checker cannot verify root.
I'm not getting any error code so I have no idea what the real issue is.

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Will the method specified on the video above, work on my Tmobie GS4 (SGH-M919)? Bear in mind that I'm running Kit kat 4.4.2 already. I need your help on this please.... Thanks in advance!! :-\

EpsilonS4

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I can't root my Samsung Galaxy S4 (At&t) using Odin.
I able with 2 other galaxy s4 androids but I can't with this one, any tips?

Thank you

Last edited:

KyleTheBoss95

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I am new to rooting. I followed the instructions as posted on the forum, and when I used Super-SU or Superuser, it says that the Superuser Binary is not installed. Any insight on this? Specs about my phone are below. If you need any more info, let me know. Thank you to whoever answers me! :)

Model: SPH-L720T
Android Version: 4.4.2
Software Version: L720TVPUBNG5
Hardware Version: L720T.03
Baseband Version: L720TVPUBNG5
Kernal Version: 3.4.0-2345871

Last edited:

Marc simmler

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
this moto chopper ? if so it will not work above 4.2.2 you can not have the mf3 update or bood loader then you are stuck with twrp reconver save strap version

Marc simmler

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
is moto chopper ? if so it will not work above 4.2.2 you can not have the mf3 update or bood loader then you are stuck with twrp reconver save strap version

Beat Breaker

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
What method is safe to use to root a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 with the new Lollipop 5.1.1 update installed? No one has posted that any of the root programs or methods work SAFELY with this version of Android, so i just wanna do my homework, before i brick my device trying some outdated method. Again, i only want/need "Root access, and SU" no custom roms or anything.... Thanx in advance!

Gabman15

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I did everything that the guide told me and yet whenever I run the script it says Failure instead of Success. If anyone could help me troubleshoot, I would be very thankful. It could be a stupid mistake but it seems like I've tried everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Groenborg