How to Root your Motorola Titanium

jcruckus

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Worked some tricks with SuperOneClick root and z4root simultaniously to get this device successfully rooted. I will post the exact steps here for others to follow.

Although the hardware on this device is lacking, the phone comes with soo much bloatware out of the factory that it almost becomes unusable at times, especially if you install anything extra, so I will also provide some tips on what .apk's can be safely removed without affecting the phones functionality.
The device I am testing with is a Motorola Titanium running Android 2.1update1 Baseband RCE.00.01 factory firmware RCD.00.01 with Sprint / Nextel Service.

Standard disclaimers apply, I am not responsible for any harm that comes to your device from using this procedure, it is merely posted for documentation purposes.

Step 1
Download superoneclickroot v2.3.3 with Motorola Exploit added from shortfuse.org | Official Home of SuperOneClick!

Step 2
Download the motorola usb drivers from the motorola.com website and install them on your computer without your phone connected.
USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
direct link:https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Helper_2.1.40_Driver_5.5.0.exe&token=PNdpwm7l

Next go to menu-settings-usb and set it to usb Debugging mode or usb modo depuracion, and then connect your phone via usb to your computer. Watch device manager to make sure the drivers are installed so the device does not end up with a question mark on it.

Step 3
Download z4root from the market, or from your preffered developer website. I downloaded mine from xda-developers.com. Install the z4root app to the phone, do not open it yet or try to root, it will not work.

Step 4
Run superoneclickroot v.2.3.3 and change the exploit from auto to moto, have it check the drivers and if it asks to force driver install, click yes.
now click on shell root and wait until that finishes.

Step 5 - rooting permanently
Here is the tricky part, click on the root option and watch the app, when it gets to device to reboot/restart or any point where it says waiting for more than 10 seconds, run the z4root app and click permanent root, this will take a while but will force a reboot of the device running multiple exploits. When the device powers back up, the superoneclick root application should continue. if it gets stuck at a certain point, run the z4root app again with permanent root option. You will end up doing this about 3 times, but the final result will be a rooted phone with SU installed.

Note: if the rooting says successful, but you check your application list and do not see SuperUser, IT IS NOT ROOTED, and you will need to run the procedure again.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button on the bottom right...

Last edited:

jcruckus

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Reserved for after root mods:
first and fastest mods are to get on the market and update superuser, then the DX toolbox to clear up cache, boot up items, and set your memory mode to multi-task or Game player/nethead and check to the box to lauch the settings automatically after reboot.

jcruckus

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Where is superoneclickroot v2.3.3 with "Moto" option?

the shortfuse.org website I posted a link for... I dont know if the motohack file is included with the latest version, but I downloaded it manually after downloading the main program and followed their steps to add it to SuperOneClick manually in a folder when I posted this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24Shades