How to tell of 2nd Edition is re-released

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out before tomorrow. I went to a local owned AT&T store (not corporate) and was offered a free Urbane 2 LTE with purchase of LG G5 phone. I'm almost due for an upgrade so I'm considering it. Today I went to a bigger AT&T store (corporate store) and was told the watch was $99 with purchase of G5. They said the other non corporate store might be trying to get rid of their stock of originally released watches that were recalled and that's why they were free. So my question is, if I go to the local store, how can I tell if the urbane 2 was an original release or a re-release watch. If I have to pay $99 I will consider waiting for a different deal. If it's free, I'd like to do it by tomorrow because with the G5 I can also get a free battery through LG (that deal expires 4/30)

Thanks for any help.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Vritually impossible to tell. But SKU number (new one is SKU 6381A) is slightly different. Also the new ones have the label printed with Android OS Ver 6.0.1. Old one has Android OS Ver 6.0. All on a label outside the box.

However, I highly doubted it was the old one. The store could send it back to AT&T for no loss or sell at Ebay at a much high profit back then (it was only on sale for a week). The corp store are BSing you.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
The back of the watch has a date on mine saying 2016/03 along with the barcode. Stupid me rub it out when trying to figure out why my heart sensor wasn't working.

I'm not sure if the original release had a date.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I saw the watch last night, but didn't have time to do the transaction with the store closing and customers ahead of me. The SKU appeared to be 6387. But the box label said Ver. 6.0.1 and the date on the Barcode sticker on the back of the watch said 2016/03. This seems to be the most up to date version, right?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My bad, the SKU on new one is 6387A. It was a very different SKU on old one. I had them side by side when I returned the old one and bought the new one. That's the only difference I can tell.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just brought the watch home. It is the same as your numbers so it's the updated one. Now the only question is, do I want to keep it or try to sell it on eBay and use the profit to buy a gear s2?

ebpman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

This week I got my third LG Watch. The first had QC stickers over everything. I spoke to two corporate store managers and neither one had every seen it. I had lots of issues with LTE and while speaking to level 2 it was replaced. I followed up on the phone for a few days on issues with data dropping and not seeing LTE, but ATT never got back to me. So I went to our downtown Corporate Flagship Store. The store is like a gadget play ground for ATT and spoke to an associate about my issues and said she would follow up and nothing happend. I returned once more and got the MANAGER. I didn't request a manger as I am not one of those angry types. LOL. I just told the person that I have been following up and no one has come back. The manager asked me to wait for a moment and came back with a box with a new LG Urbane 2. I told her I didn't need another exchange but she insisted.

So here is what I noticed . There is a weight difference. it's a slight one but its perceptible. I asked the manager and her associate to confirm because I thought I was crazy. It's a bit lighter. I also noticed that the finish on the clasp had more of a textured brushed fill to it and so did the back. Attached you will find a pic of the version info discussed on this forum for those seeking to pick up this watch. I am a youtube influencer and the guy who posted the video on youtube mentioned on this forum by another forum member. I did own the first gen and now 1 unconfirmed refurb, 1 updated and now 1 NEW 3/2016 Version. I also find that the audio from the speaker is better on the 3/2016 version. I am in contact with the store manager and have documented all the issues that I have found and those mentioned in this forum and others. They have been very responsive to my questions are going to connect me with their LG REP . But at this time they don't have any answers. I own the LG Urbane, MOTO 360 1 & 2, Gear, Gear S, and Gear S2. Despite these issues the URBANE LTE 2 is my favorite watch and its the one I grab every morning.

Make sure that the sticker matches the box and the serial number on your watch to make sure you have the updated version. I will pass any updates on this and other forums as well as my youtube channel

EBPMAN from Tabletsforme.

Attachments

• lgurbane2new.jpg
    lgurbane2new.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 16

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
EBPMAN, Thanks for the information. Love your YouTube videos btw. Question, any idea on why it might be lighter?

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys,

This week I got my third LG Watch. The first had QC stickers over everything. I spoke to two corporate store managers and neither one had every seen it. I had lots of issues with LTE and while speaking to level 2 it was replaced. I followed up on the phone for a few days on issues with data dropping and not seeing LTE, but ATT never got back to me. So I went to our downtown Corporate Flagship Store. The store is like a gadget play ground for ATT and spoke to an associate about my issues and said she would follow up and nothing happend. I returned once more and got the MANAGER. I didn't request a manger as I am not one of those angry types. LOL. I just told the person that I have been following up and no one has come back. The manager asked me to wait for a moment and came back with a box with a new LG Urbane 2. I told her I didn't need another exchange but she insisted.

So here is what I noticed . There is a weight difference. it's a slight one but its perceptible. I asked the manager and her associate to confirm because I thought I was crazy. It's a bit lighter. I also noticed that the finish on the clasp had more of a textured brushed fill to it and so did the back. Attached you will find a pic of the version info discussed on this forum for those seeking to pick up this watch. I am a youtube influencer and the guy who posted the video on youtube mentioned on this forum by another forum member. I did own the first gen and now 1 unconfirmed refurb, 1 updated and now 1 NEW 3/2016 Version. I also find that the audio from the speaker is better on the 3/2016 version. I am in contact with the store manager and have documented all the issues that I have found and those mentioned in this forum and others. They have been very responsive to my questions are going to connect me with their LG REP . But at this time they don't have any answers. I own the LG Urbane, MOTO 360 1 & 2, Gear, Gear S, and Gear S2. Despite these issues the URBANE LTE 2 is my favorite watch and its the one I grab every morning.

Make sure that the sticker matches the box and the serial number on your watch to make sure you have the updated version. I will pass any updates on this and other forums as well as my youtube channel

EBPMAN from Tabletsforme.

EPBMAN, thanks for the great information and the videos. There's not a lot of video reviews out there, particularly on the re-released March version of the Urbane 2nd Ed.

You and foxbat 121 (another member of this forum) are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App

cnotes63

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
How can you tell with the verizon model only issue I had was a missing Sim an invalid Sim took it back to the store and they changed it out no problems since

cnotes63

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is the tag that came on the watch it says may is it the update one

Attachments

• 20160501_090813.jpg
    20160501_090813.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 12

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon never released the Nov edition. It was recalled before they release to stores. Only AT&T version was released for a week. And I highly doubt you will see any because the watch was sold for $800 on eBay immediately after recall. No store will keep that and resell them until now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34