Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I am new to the Droid, and to Android Central.

I am coming from the BB Storm (1) and crackberry.com. I came to androidcentral.com as it was on crackberry.com and I love that.

I however, am having troubles finding the in depth that crackberry had. I am looking to change my theme, and while there has been plenty and bountiful information about the different themes and programs, I have not been able to find a walk through, tutorial so to speak. Because of this, I have come to three conclusions:

1) I am an idiot and missing it
2) It is not here because there are not as many members
or
3) Androidcentral doesn't have that stuff.

Just curious. Let me know.

Thanks!

and ps- LOVE my DROID.

hookbill

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I am new to the Droid, and to Android Central.

I am coming from the BB Storm (1) and crackberry.com. I came to androidcentral.com as it was on crackberry.com and I love that.

I however, am having troubles finding the in depth that crackberry had. I am looking to change my theme, and while there has been plenty and bountiful information about the different themes and programs, I have not been able to find a walk through, tutorial so to speak. Because of this, I have come to three conclusions:

1) I am an idiot and missing it
2) It is not here because there are not as many members
or
3) Androidcentral doesn't have that stuff.

Just curious. Let me know.

Thanks!

and ps- LOVE my DROID.

This is the blind helping the blind so to speak.

I think that loading a theme is pretty simple. You just download it and use it. That's what it appears to me anyways, you go to the store (Open Home seems to be the biggie) and get your theme from there. I think it's pretty much idiot proof, and that by no means is a slander on the OP.

I haven't actually done this and probably won't because I'm not big on themes and my mind is still stuck in the blackberry world that says "Themes cause problems.":)

Anyway if this helped you out at all great. If not, next please.:D

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Welcome. I just moved over from the AT&T tilt and was used to WMExperts (sister site of Crackberry) and was used to haveing XDA-Developers behind me. The underground Droid culture is growing, but not too far along yet. Hang in there, it's only a matter of time. I visit this forum a lot, as well as another. I can't make it too easy for you, so we'll have a teaching moment, first.

Go to the Marketplace and get yourself a barcode reader, an app called "Barcode Reader" is actually a good one. Scan this QR Code:

img.php

That will lead you to another source of Droid info.

Good luck!

R

Roy Aguilera

Welcome to The forums.
1) Get a home replacement (dxTop, Open home, GDE, home++ or Panda)
2) Download a theme.
3) Uf you are using the home replacement: Under options there should be an option to run the theme you downloaded.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
welcome,i did the same a few months ago,also from crackalackaberry. lol its gonna take some time to learn all the good stuff this phone does, but like he said, u gotta pay for a home alternative. i chose dxtop and love it. from there u can download themes. altho not the thousands u had on ur bb, there are quite a few. as soon as u dl the alt, u should have plenty to play with. also get a weather widget donate.( actual name of it). ive found its the best clock and weather app out there, then hit the market and go crazy. always look at what ppl say about a product before buying. good luck yo.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My favorites are DXTop and GDE and they are really easy to set up and use. Just keep playing around and that's the best way I found to learn this great phone.

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
are there any free options? or am I missing something?

I went into marketplace and its showing its NOT free :-( are there free options or am I going to have to man up and pay?

Thanks for all the help already! its awesome to have support, kinda like my AA meetings.. :p

R

Roy Aguilera

are there any free options? or am I missing something?

I went into marketplace and its showing its NOT free :-( are there free options or am I going to have to man up and pay?

Thanks for all the help already! its awesome to have support, kinda like my AA meetings.. :p

Home++ and Panda Home are free. Most of their themes are also free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals42