How's battery life on the DROID TURBO 2?

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery Life

I am using the charger from my Droid Maxx, but any old micro with a plug will do. They pump out less juice which in turn doesn't heat up the battery, which is not good for the battery's long term health. A slow charge is much better at night there is plenty of time for it to charge. I will use the turbo charger only when it is needed.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Uh a "regular" charger?! Mine only came with one. Why wouldn't the one that came with it not be good to charge overnight?! Note I'm confused...

I am using the charger from my Droid Maxx, but any old micro with a plug will do. They pump out less juice which in turn doesn't heat up the battery, which is not good for the battery's long term health. A slow charge is much better at night there is plenty of time for it to charge. I will use the turbo charger only when it is needed.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

OK cool, so would you say that my old Samsung Galaxy S4 charger would be safe and work for overnight charging? Thanks for the insight.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Uh a "regular" charger?! Mine only came with one. Why wouldn't the one that came with it not be good to charge overnight?! Note I'm confused...

I use a wireless Tylt charger overnight. I just sit the phone on it next to my bed and its nice and easy if I need to reach over to grab it. Its always 100% by morning.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

It should also only get warm during actual "Turbo charging." The turbo charger doesn't Turbo charge all the time. Just when the battery is below a certain point. As the battery level increases, the charger output decreases.

For example, if you charge it from 20% to 30%, it's gonna get warm.
If you charge from 90% to 100% you likely won't feel any difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

With the caveat that it is far too early to truly judge battery life, I'd say that it has better standby than the Turbo 1, but drains faster than the Turbo 1 with the screen on.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

After 4 hours, I am at 60%. Only charged it once. Moderate use. Comparing it to my Note 5, it doesn't seem like it's worth it so far. But I am going to give it a few more days.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Just a note, ive been off charge for a little over 10hrs, w 3:23 hrs on screen and lots of calls and im sitting at 62 percent.

Im pretty happy w that. My T1 and my note5 both get good life, and as long as i can make it through a long shift (tonight is a 14hr shift) im good...

Moto Droid Turbo 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Just picked up mine yesterday. Charged her up to 100 and I am about 6 hrs into the first charge.
The phone has 4 hrs 36 mins sot at present and battery is at 49%. That just boggles my mind. My Nexus 6 would die right around 4 hrs. So even on the first charge, battery is phenomenal!

m3rt32

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

that's good for you folks,my nexus 5 draining battery too much.Is there a hardware problem or just need a clean flash,what you think ?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

On my Turbo 1, I'd lose about 1% per hour on standby. On the Turbo 2, I'm generally not losing any battery on standby. However, screen on time seems to drain a little faster than the first Turbo. Anyone have any theories on why that is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello