How's battery life on the DROID TURBO 2?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life

Hmm, we've had more than 18 months of qualcomm quick charging on phones and I've seen no evidence at all that there has been an issue with rapid loss of charge capacity.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I generally use the Tylt View wireless charger. I used it daily for a year with my first Turbo. No issues what so ever. Always charging overnight. Rarely used the turbo charger. In my vehicles I use the Verizon rapid charger. Often keeping the phone plugged in while using Waze or Google maps. Again, no issues with first Turbo. Time will tell with the T2.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

On my Turbo 1, I'd lose about 1% per hour on standby. On the Turbo 2, I'm generally not losing any battery on standby. However, screen on time seems to drain a little faster than the first Turbo. Anyone have any theories on why that is?

Motorola improved the efficiency of background processing, particularly for Moto display and voice, and maybe for the radios, so they could make the battery smaller for the same amount of average usage time, which makes the display draw more power relatively?

Because of the air gapped display shining through an extra layer, they had to increase the power draw of the display when it is on?

(Two quick theories...)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

What did this mean?!
Self Promotion or Advertising*- Mobile Nations maintains a no advertising policy in the forums. Any member found to be advertising, promoting or leaching traffic (including via paid link forwarders) for profit or personal gain will receive a warning PM, and have offending post(s) reviewed by the local moderation team. The local moderation team and Community Manager will work with the member to either a) resolve the issue, or b) issue an appropriate ban. Private Messages or Emails to members soliciting your service will also not be tolerated and accounts found to be doing so will be subject to a ban.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
OMFG look at this first charge on the t2. Totally heavy, heavy use. Everything on and synched with brightness about 60%. Over 9 hours sot, are you kidding me? Absolutely amazing. They say to let the battery settle and life should improve after a few cycles, but dang, I would be ok with a reduction in batt life...haha
Came from the nexus 6 and I thought 3.5 hours sot was styling.

Screenshot_2015-11-01-13-54-36_zpswdmgxbu0.png

Screenshot_2015-11-01-13-54-42_zpsfgwa7kmr.png

Attachments

• 1446415191632.jpg
    1446415191632.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 1446415191902.jpg
    1446415191902.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

buildscapeinc

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

As for the screen on time draining more battery I'd assume the bigger screen has quite a bit to do with that. Bigger screens means more to light up which means more power is needed.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

As for the screen on time draining more battery I'd assume the bigger screen has quite a bit to do with that. Bigger screens means more to light up which means more power is needed.

It's the same resolution (number of pixels) as the Turbo. It shouldn't be that much different. If everything else is more efficient, though, then the screen will draw a higher percentage of power because the rest of the phone draws less.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

It's the same resolution (number of pixels) as the Turbo. It shouldn't be that much different. If everything else is more efficient, though, then the screen will draw a higher percentage of power because the rest of the phone draws less.

Good points

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

What size is the battery? I got a new LG V10 yesterday and got my daughter a droid turbo 2. So far her battery is kicking the LG's ****! We both charged overnight. At 1:30pm mine is at 33% but her droid turbo is at 96% still!!

Posted via the Android Central App

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

What size is the battery? I got a new LG V10 yesterday and got my daughter a droid turbo 2. So far her battery is kicking the LG's ****! We both charged overnight. At 1:30pm mine is at 33% but her droid turbo is at 96% still!!

3760mah I think. Yeah this thing's battery life is *insert favorite blatant adjective*. People coming from the turbo 1 seem to "ho-hum" the battery here, but from any other device the t2's batt is almost too good to be true.

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I am also surprised as to the lack of accolade on the battery. I was LITERALLY annoyed that it was taking so long to get from 28% to 20% battery with full brightness, playing youtube. I wanted to test the 15 minute turbo charge, and it was taking forever to hit that figure.
3760mah I think. Yeah this thing's battery life is *insert favorite blatant adjective*. People coming from the turbo 1 seem to "ho-hum" the battery here, but from any other device the t2's batt is almost too good to be true.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I am also surprised as to the lack of accolade on the battery. I was LITERALLY annoyed that it was taking so long to get from 28% to 20% battery with full brightness, playing youtube. I wanted to test the 15 minute turbo charge, and it was taking forever to hit that figure.

Man, I did basically the same thing on my first charge. I was trying my best to make the charge go down, wouldn't do it. Got 9 hours sot - first charge.
I been gushing for days in here, I'll get over it soon I hope.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Wow that's awesome! I love the design of the LG but I might have to make a decision. I think verizon gives you 14 days to exchange. I've no idea how that works but that big battery is awfully enticing

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Wow that's awesome! I love the design of the LG but I might have to make a decision. I think verizon gives you 14 days to exchange. I've no idea how that works but that big battery is awfully enticing

Once you own a 2-day battery phone, it's hard to consider going back. It means even if you're using your phone a LOT, you probably don't have to think about getting through a day. It's wonderful. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you do have 14 days. I do think that they charge a $35 restocking fee, though. Still, if you really want the Turbo 2, that seems a small price to pay if you plan on keeping the phone for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001