How's the update?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
@Tom in Brostol and WallaceD.... Thanks for the screenshots of your About Phones.. I can confirm it appears its the same 5.5.893 that I was talking about earlier. Here's mine:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/shot_000002.png

(I'm dumb and don't know how to embed the screenshot, lol) But you can see we're on the same kernal, my baseband is like a digit higher and the PRL version appears to be higher on mine too (though honestly I don't even know what PRL is, lol). Like I've said before, 5.5.893 was the most significant update, so you guys should hopefully be satisfied. I'm very curious to see how its treating people. Yes I'm on 5.8.894 now, but literally JUST got that set up, it came with the ROM I'm on now. It definitely feels smoother but that's probably the ROM a lot too.

Really hope a lot of the people who have had significant problems will be seeing them fixed!! Sound off!!

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The only resolved issue I can definitely confirm is the weird hissing while using the headphone jack. It's completely gone and audio sounds great.

Everything else seems to be working fine so far.

[Edit]

A couple other things I have noticed.

The phone boots faster now. Not significant, but it consistently boots a bit (5-10 seconds) quicker.

The damn notification light bug has been fixed (YES!). Now the light only starts blinking when an actual message comes through.

[Edit #2]

YAY! Moto fixed the HDMI screen timeout issue. Now, once the phone is disconnected from HDMI the sleep function works as it should. The screen turns off after the normal amount of time, whatever that may be.

I also experienced no issues on the phone after disconnecting. I did not reboot, and everything seems to be working as it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhmcc

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The only resolved issue I can definitely confirm is the weird hissing while using the headphone jack. It's completely gone and audio sounds great.

Everything else seems to be working fine so far.

I can confirm this as well, listened to a couple of tracks and it was nice and stony quiet outside of the music.

When I get home I'll throw it into my LapDock and see how it goes there.

It's nice to see this.. I wasn't running into much problems overall on the phone but the HDMI lockup/reboot issue was really annoying at times.

Bring on ICS! Also, Moto, please, bring on a built in RDP client for the LapDock! I'm sure Citrix is good but I don't and won't run that on my LAN at home!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Bring on ICS!...

Haha its gonna be a looooong wait for that brother... Unless you're a rooter and rom flasher, the dev community is very very close to having full ICS working on the bionic. But I firmly believe you won't see it from moto/vz for at least another 4-5 months. Minimum.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the update for about 5 hours. Everything seems fine, but I didn't 3G/4G and earphone noise others had.

The camera is much improved. The autofocus and colors seem drastically improved. I wonder when these phone manufacturers will make the camera a priority out of the box.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been running the update for about 5 hours. Everything seems fine, but I didn't 3G/4G and earphone noise others had.

The camera is much improved. The autofocus and colors seem drastically improved. I wonder when these phone manufacturers will make the camera a priority out of the box.

They wont because that is what camera's are for. Phone should first and fore-mostly be a good phone. Camera's will never bee a first priority.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
OK, first time playing with the LapDock post update. First thing I noticed, some of the icons have changed for the WebTop Apps and the phone icon. In general it is much better about not complaining about low memory and seemed to fire up a tad faster.

I went into the memory manager, and there it still complained about memory use.

Overall it seems that it's working a bit better. Overall I'm pleased. Just waiting for whatever is next on the updates. I was hoping to frankly see a few added features from the RAZR but oh well, guess overall that's less bloat/crapware to worry about.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
OK, first time playing with the LapDock post update. First thing I noticed, some of the icons have changed for the WebTop Apps and the phone icon. In general it is much better about not complaining about low memory and seemed to fire up a tad faster.

I went into the memory manager, and there it still complained about memory use.

Overall it seems that it's working a bit better. Overall I'm pleased. Just waiting for whatever is next on the updates. I was hoping to frankly see a few added features from the RAZR but oh well, guess overall that's less bloat/crapware to worry about.

Look into flashing 5.7.893, its the next step in the updates, I havent had any memory issues since running it. The current OTA release by verizon was 5.5.893, I haven't ran 5.5 for over a 2 months now.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh man... this is totally no fair! I don't have the update! I have been a good boy. I didn't root! Oh Verizon why do you treat me thusly?

I have tried to go through the phone update screen and it said that my phone was up to date. Boo.

DaveDFD

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
same... no update for me yet... i still have the orig unit that i preordered!! tbh ive only had limited 3g/4g problems.. but enough to make me ravenous for this update...

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh man... this is totally no fair! I don't have the update! I have been a good boy. I didn't root! Oh Verizon why do you treat me thusly?

I have tried to go through the phone update screen and it said that my phone was up to date. Boo.

My thoughts exactly!! Please Big V, let me have this update!!

Pabster

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a totally stock phone but can't get the update. Have suffer for months with spotty data confections and now there its an update and I can't even get it. Any advice?

Storm2Cool

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why I haven't received an update notice yet. Even when I go to system update it tells me that i'm currently up to date and i'm still using version 5.5.886

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe