How's your V20 stock battery holding up?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine are fine, I'm rotating 3 batteries. I don't know if I want to lose that feature with the new phones.

Unfortunately that's the fate and future of smartphones.. greed and changed the market and manufacturers are trying to survive.. the contest is who has the prettiest and most stylish phone.. I don't blame LG they were the last ones, it's either that or perish which is easy to do in this market. HTC and Moto are barely hanging on.. You can thank Apple for the stupid trends...

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The one I bought direct from LG was expensive but still losing. life after 6 mos

How are you using your phone and how do you charge it? Do you use Quick Charge 3.0? Are you a heavy user and does your battery get hot often? The key is keeping your battery between 20-80%, keeping battery temperatures as low as possible, and if possible charge your battery externally to lower the amount of heat and stress on the battery.

I charge my batteries externally using the authentic LG charging cradle which charges slowly at 1.0 speeds with a small laptop cooling fan to help blow cool air at it to keep it cool. I'm cycling through 5 batteries evenly so my battery longevity is much higher. If you don't need to use fast charge, then don't use it. Fast charge = hotter battery. I also recommended having a 2nd phone to use so you can have 2x battery life using one phone for browsing the web, playing games, GPS, etc. and the other as your important main phone.. just use your daily driver as a hotspot or use the 2nd when you're near WiFi.

These USB laptop cooling pads are only around $1.50 on eBay and are effective at keeping the phone or battery cool while charging.. blows cool air onto it. Cool battery = longer lasting battery. Might seem excessive but take care of your phone, it will last and live longer while other people have dying batteries.

20180716_065305.jpg20180716_065316.jpg
20180716_065602.jpg20180716_065618.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya I do none of that and don't want to. I'd rather buy more batteries. I'm ALWAYS at 100% because I have chargers everywhere and I'm a heavy user so phone often hot. I am a nightmare for batteries

starcarwraps

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
i cycled inbetween 3 batteries. they were trash after 2 years. im on my 2nd set of 3 batteries. phone feels like brand new! everything is super fast. it feels like going from a pentium 3 to a quad core brand new computer. lol.

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Put Accubattery on the device and unplug it at 80% charge.

All modern phones I've seen run the charge profile "hot" on purpose. The V20 does it less than some others, but they all do it. They do it for charge speed and it hurts battery life quite materially.

You can't short-circuit all of the damage by unplugging at 80%, but you will stop a large percentage of the damage this way, which should roughly double the service life in terms of time (and more than that in terms of cycles, since at 80% you will have to charge a bit more frequently.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe