HTC 10 going back, I'm going to iOS

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so you didn't like the HTC 10. Try a Nexus 6P. The OS is much easier to navigate, you get perfect security updates, front facing stereo speakers are amazing, amazing screen from Samsung, Google Keyboard,and other perks like Project Fi, Beta testing, having the phone on Androidify and other cool stuff. You really can't go wrong

littlenoodles

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting to me that Google's keyboard seems have more accurate prediction in swipe mode (pretty amazingly good in fact) than in tapping mode. The most annoying mistake that it seems to make constantly is not figuring out that garbage words with a C, B or V in between 2 valid words are really just a miss trying to hit the spacebar. That seems like a very common error the keyboard ought to catch. And in fact, it often does if you go back and tap the garbage and choose from the suggestions it proposes.

Harish Jain

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
for notifications try airdroid, pushbullet and there are many other apps too
for keyboard use 3rd party keyboards . they are many fantastic options
for the way you want notifications use acdisplay or similar apps.
i guess there is pretty much solution for every problem you have.
just research and find apps.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Can't go wrong with IOS so long as one doesn't mind paying the "Apple Tax" (more expensive hardware).

I have used both platforms. Imessage is REALLY nice.

IOS really shines if one is a Mac user as well.

I do thing Apple makes the best hardware -- sorry Android fanboys!!!!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree Android keyboards offer more options and choices but, when I want to rattle off a few emails iPhone keyboard simply gets it done with very little corrections needed. In 8 years I have not found an Android keyboard that works for me that way for some reason.

I guess I am in the minority, but I am using the GBoard keyboard from Google and love it 1000 times better than the IOS keyboard.

tnt4

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
It's interesting to me that Google's keyboard seems have more accurate prediction in swipe mode (pretty amazingly good in fact) than in tapping mode. The most annoying mistake that it seems to make constantly is not figuring out that garbage words with a C, B or V in between 2 valid words are really just a miss trying to hit the spacebar. That seems like a very common error the keyboard ought to catch. And in fact, it often does if you go back and tap the garbage and choose from the suggestions it proposes.

This, times 1000.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard on iOS is terrible. There is no dedicated number row. I don't know how anyone can stand typing on that thing.

Oh, and there certainly is a signature in the Gmail app just like there is on the desktop. And you're probably getting two notifications because of the old Gmail app and the Inbox app are both running. BTW, the Gmail app on the iPhone 6s Plus (when I had it back in February) only updated every 15 minutes to the minimum. There was no "push" option.

If you value having your iPhone sync with your Mac, why did you even bother purchasing an Android device?

My Gmail app on the iPhone and Android pushes within a half second of each other.

Regarding your question of why bother? I love technology and different devices. My daily preference is iOS but I appreciate Android for other reasons. I always have an Android as a backup that occasionally is used daily for a month or so. I have given up on BB and WP.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You can get notifications on your lock screen with as much information as you want. Everything you complain about can easily be addressed and remedied.

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
For the record, I own the HTC 10 and an iPad ...and a company iPhone 6S. Some of the cons yo've listed against the HTC 10 strike me as someone who hasn't spent at least the minimal time customizing their phone. I'm a little miffed on this viewing angle argument too. I upgraded from the Galaxy S6 to the HTC 10 and I do not miss the display on my old phone. My HTC 10 looks great, even when you turn the phone to an unnatural angle (which is just silly).

Regarding the GMail app...you don't have to use it. You can still grab HTC's mail app from the Play store as well as a host of others.

The iPhone is a good phone. I like it and I'm sure you'll be happy with it, but I think you've unfairly singled out the HTC 10 with some of your notes. I consider it to be the best phone I've had to date

DarkTlaloc

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I whole-heartedly disagree on the keyboard topic (for me, Swype is easily the best keyboard out there), but if you don't swipe, then yes, I can see why you'd like the iOS keyboard (which is, for the most part, one of the few things I don't have an issue with in iOS). Given OP's comments, it doesn't sound like Android is his preferred OS, so it makes sense that he'd prefer the iPhone to the HTC 10. If you're not going to tinker with your phone, than I'd agree that there are plenty of advantages to be had with iOS. If you are going to tinker with your phone, that's when iOS gets left in the dust.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Regarding your question of why bother? I love technology and different devices. My daily preference is iOS but I appreciate Android for other reasons. I always have an Android as a backup that occasionally is used daily for a month or so. I have given up on BB and WP.

Yes technology is so interesting and fascinating. Why be a loyalist if you have the choice (of course, this depends on finances + lifestyle, etc) to play with them all..? I am kind of joking, kind of serious. Why is it strange to want to try things? I could probably stay on the SE for a whole year, quite easily, but yet I am trying the Nextbit Robin. It shouldn't be too crazy to appreciate and want to try the other side every once in a while.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I really disagree with the iPhone keyboard. I think it's the weakest keyboard, and for me, makes it really hard to do any work. Maybe it's because I type with my thumbs and I like being able to long press to get into extra keys that the iOS keyboard doesn't have. I hate having to go into a different menu to use some punctuation and then back into the keyboard to type.

The Google Keyboard (stock) and Swiftkey are both superior, in my opinion, to the iOS keyboard.

Notus

Banned
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
SugarMouth, congratulations you've exercised your abilities as a consumer. Frankly I'm confused why IOS fanbio's would even waste their time.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My Gmail app on the iPhone and Android pushes within a half second of each other.

You listed not being able to sync the HTC 10 to your Mac as a ding against the HTC 10 when clearly it shouldn't be. You knew before getting it that it wouldn't sync flawlessly with your Mac. Why count that as a minus for the HTC 10? It's not a minus for the phone. It's a minus for you.

The distinction is clear.

QMaverick

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just one thing: if the screen is your biggest issue, buy a phone with the best screen on the market: the s7 Edge. It's been tested to be better than anything else out there, including iPhones. That being said, the iPhone screen is actually quite good, but I've seen them side-by-side, and my s7 Edge looks better than the 6s and the 6s Plus (and the scientific tests back that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene