HTC One camera problems, please help!

Aldorfin

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Having this same issue with my HTC mini(same camera though), blue/purple tint shows up mostly in the left border of some pictures when taken in low light conditions. Hopefully it's a software issue that gets fixed, wouldn't care to wait 3 weeks while my carrier sends it to Poland for service :'(.

Couple sample images, what do you guys think?

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

It's not too bad so I was thinking it might just be a camera feature before I saw this thread. Haven't tried taking any pictures in pitch dark(why would I? :D) but it seems to get worse the darker it gets(and when there's a direct light source) and doesn't show up on all images. I gotta say this is a wonderful device though, traded my S4 for it and couldn't be happier with the switch.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely a software issue, because my One did not have this problem before I updated to 4.3.

Correlation does not imply causation. My camera also did not have the problem before (tested when I first read about this issue), but now does and I have not updated to 4.3. A lot of phones do not have this problem and then develop it. Some say it is due to slight heat damage of the sensor unit. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Who knows? But I doubt it was caused by your software update (unless your phone got hot while downloading and installing it).

donamor1

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Because this camera has their larger megapixels..was touted to provide at least usable pictures in low light and to be honest the camera does this in low light not pitch darkness. My girlfriend got a replacement and it has less of an issue.the pictures even have more detail because of the missing purple haze on mine. They also ACKNOWLEDGED this issue and said it would be fixed with update but it did not work. Low light pictures is one thing but the color issue makes them very ugly pictures. For me it's an issue when there is enough light to get detail but color is distorted.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I admit that this is starting to bother me. I chose the One over the S4 because of the convenience of the low light settings. At first it was great but over the last few weeks it's gotten steadily worse. My partner's S4 now takes better low light photos than my One.

Here's hoping HTC finds a fix for this.

Walid Nadir

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem, I can't take pictures in the dark at all, I've tried everything, but nothing works, there is definently something wrong with the camera. I got my HTC One replaced with a new phone, but the exact problem occured with the camera, I don't know what to do now, but I hear that there is coming a update that should fix this problem. By the way, even when it's light the pink aura colour thingy is visible, it's really bothering me, and I'm very dissapointed, is HTC company aware of this problem? Cause I think it's wierd they haven't fixed it by now..:':):)confused:

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The level of light doesn't have to get that low for the purple to show up, at least on my phone. For example I was at dinner with some friends and we were eating outside on a patio. The sun had almost set and there were a few lit tiki torches in the background. One of my friends took a photo with his iPhone. Sure it was a bit grainy, but the amount of light visible in the photo matched the light in real life. Some areas were black, some half lit. I took a shot with my One on auto and the whole picture ended up with a purple tint. Turning my ISO down to 100 and retaking the shot fixed the issue but I don't want to have to mess with the settings to take a half way decent photo. I've never had this problem before with a camera, on a phone or otherwise.

You don't want to turn your ISO down in low light, you need to turn it up. Higher ISO=more sensitivity to light. (Just sayin')

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You don't want to turn your ISO down in low light, you need to turn it up. Higher ISO=more sensitivity to light. (Just sayin')

That's the problem. When the phone automatically uses a high ISO it gives the images the purple tinge. Doesn't really matter anymore. Sold my One for something better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Very low light, HDR:
You can see this is the best shot.
IMAG0317.jpg

Normal photo:
IMAG0318.jpg

Normal photo, ISO 1600
Lighter than normal, but slightly grainy due to the high ISO.
IMAG0319.jpg

All images completely untouched. Not got my Galaxy here (should I now say my Missus's Galaxy :) ) or iPhone but both would not be able to produce these images without using flash.

ramonroq

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
i have the same camera problem on my htc m1 reddish-pink color of back camera during night or low light. the front camera is normal, pls help