HTC One M8 (pretty much) Full Spec List

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
My statement on the GS5 being the best for 2014 was a dig at those claiming the One 2014 is the best of 2014. Nuff said. The "new" HTC One is a warmed over 2013 HTC One, reduced storage, so so camera (will 2 be twice as horrible as 1). Who knows. HTC isn't a top contender anymore and that is their own fault.

Why do you keep repeating this lie about reduced storage? The leaked video showed a T-Mobile One with 32 GB of storage. I feel like you are just hating to hate.

My only gripes for now about the One is that it's getting heavier and the camera is staying at 4 MP. The improvements are big and obvious. Proper on-screen buttons, swipe and tap gestures to wake and activate actions, superior BoomSound.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My only gripes for now about the One is that it's getting heavier and the camera is staying at 4 MP. The improvements are big and obvious. Proper on-screen buttons, swipe and tap gestures to wake and activate actions, superior BoomSound.

Still no confirmation that it's going to be 4 on the rear cameras.

Posted via Android Central App

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still no confirmation that it's going to be 4 on the rear cameras.

I keep hearing HTC people throwing the term "megapixel myth" around, implying they don't see the hype in too many megapixels. They're most likely going to try and sell us the camera by talking about how great it is in low light or whatever. Um yeah thanks no thanks

Edit: found a video of the dude talking about it. think he also tweeted the term a few times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koNZnuPFtqk
At around 5:08 he mentioins the megapixel myth, and how they're going to continue to build upon that in 2014... the future is grim

edit: his tweet https://twitter.com/urbanstrata/status/440615691222130688

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing HTC people throwing the term "megapixel myth" around, implying they don't see the hype in too many megapixels. They're most likely going to try and sell us the camera by talking about how great it is in low light or whatever. Um yeah thanks no thanks

Edit: found a video of the dude talking about it. think he also tweeted the term a few times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koNZnuPFtqk
At around 5:08 he mentioins the megapixel myth, and how they're going to continue to build upon that in 2014... the future is grim

edit: his tweet https://twitter.com/urbanstrata/status/440615691222130688

Maybe you should educate yourself on megapixels and what HTC is doing with the dual camera.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you should educate yourself on megapixels and what HTC is doing with the dual camera.

Megapixels aren't everything I agree but if you want to do any printing from an HTC phone larger than 4x6 good luck

the dual camera just helps you adjust the photo cosmetically after you take it nothing to do with resolution

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Megapixels aren't everything I agree but if you want to do any printing from an HTC phone larger than 4x6 good luck

the dual camera just helps you adjust the photo cosmetically after you take it nothing to do with resolution

Wrong. Just do some research. In fact search my posts for some links on dual cameras that explain what they can do.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wrong. Just do some research. In fact search my posts for some links on dual cameras that explain what they can do.

Like what? Only notable thing I've read so far about the camera is you can change the depth of field after you take a photo but you can do that with the S5 cam too

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe they will keep the main camera at 4 MP. No clue what the second will be. Look at that Verizon packaging. If it's real they don't mention the MP count of the back camera but they do of the front.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Like what? Only notable thing I've read so far about the camera is you can change the depth of field after you take a photo but you can do that with the S5 cam too

Of course I might be totally wrong but I'm guessing the switching focus on the HTC One the S5 will be a night and day difference. First the S5 focus stuff needs to be cut on and from the vids it seems to take awhile to actually process ( bcus it take several photos and combining them). Assuming HTC Ones focusing will always be on. Meaning every photo can be adjusted. Secondly the additional camera could be used for things like "physical" noise reduction for more low light pics.

I'm hoping they increase the MP count also but that only really comes into play when you need to shoot then crop. People forgot about ten years ago the top pro DSLR was only 4.1 mp and we had billboards, magazine cover and family photos. There are ways they increased the MP, like using the data from both senor to double up on pixel count or using an a multiple layer RGB sensor.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
People talking about the galaxy having gimmicks,but there are far more useful features than the htc gimmicks . You really think I'm going to use your little htc sport when there are companies with actual credibility in that realm producing apps like espn,CBS,NBA game time,the score, should I keep going?

Also I wouldn't use blink feed, because I have Feedly which works across all my devices

Literally the only software feature about this phone that interests me is the tap to wake, other than that, I won't get this phone for the same reason I haven't gotten previous htc phones,they don't bring anything to the table software wise to validate a purchase over their competitors .

Also, I could care less about aluminum just in case those who complain about samsungs build quality, they offer a removable back cover for a reason, you can purchase aluminum cases that completely replace the back and cover the front online, so basically nothing this phone does stands out to me.

Their lack of interesting software is why they can't market it to the general public better IMO .

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
People talking about the galaxy having gimmicks,but there are far more useful features than the htc gimmicks . You really think I'm going to use your little htc sport when there are companies with actual credibility in that realm producing apps like espn,CBS,NBA game time,the score, should I keep going?

Also I wouldn't use blink feed, because I have Feedly which works across all my devices

Literally the only software feature about this phone that interests me is the tap to wake, other than that, I won't get this phone for the same reason I haven't gotten previous htc phones,they don't bring anything to the table software wise to validate a purchase over their competitors .

Also, I could care less about aluminum just in case those who complain about samsungs build quality, they offer a removable back cover for a reason, you can purchase aluminum cases that completely replace the back and cover the front online, so basically nothing this phone does stands out to me.

Their lack of interesting software is why they can't market it to the general public better IMO .

If my count is correct you listed two "useless" gimmicks (useless being my word, not one you used). Maybe for you they're useless, but for others they aren't. I do somewhat agree about BlinkFeed, though. Maybe for the more average user it's great, but more "seasoned" users already have their own solution and won't want to change.

You said the Samsung "features" are useful. They are for you, but maybe not for others. When I use a galaxy device I turn them all off. They aren't useful for me.

To each there own, though.

IMO their failure in marketing is more far reaching than just a lack of interesting software.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Lol.

"I don't care about HTCs stuff, Samsung's stuff is better just cause!!!"

Listen to what you're saying. You can't completely discount the aluminum build quality because cases exist. We're discussing the inherent merits of the device itself. An aluminum case = an actual aluminum phone? You sure? I mean, I look great with clothes on - they're very flattering and I get them tailored. But I look terrible without a shirt. It's ok though, I've still got my nice shirts :)

Samsung is destroying in sales because of marketing. To insinuate that they're ahead because their product is somehow heads and shoulders above all others (protip, it's not) is asinine. HTC tripped all over itself in marketing last year. They recognize that, friends who work there told me as much. They tried redoubling their efforts and failed. Features like being able to pair up with 8 friends and use your phone as speakers, the terrible S voice and translate, barely functional and battery sucking gestures and eye tracking and "kid mode" aren't what put the GS4 at the top. Those are genuine gimmicks - serve very little function, and barely work anyways when you do turn them on. Having fewer features that serve more function and work as intended is always the way to go.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If my count is correct you listed two "useless" gimmicks (useless being my word, not one you used). Maybe for you they're useless, but for others they aren't. I do somewhat agree about BlinkFeed, though. Maybe for the more average user it's great, but more "seasoned" users already have their own solution and won't want to change.

You said the Samsung "features" are useful. They are for you, but maybe not for others. When I use a galaxy device I turn them all off. They aren't useful for me.

To each there own, though.

IMO their failure in marketing is more far reaching than just a lack of interesting software.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yea I agree it's a lot of to each their own as far as what constitutes as a gimmick or a useless feature, but at least in my view, there is nothing they are offering that I can't get from another app that does it better or has more credibility in its space.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol.

"I don't care about HTCs stuff, Samsung's stuff is better just cause!!!"

Listen to what you're saying. You can't completely discount the aluminum build quality because cases exist. We're discussing the inherent merits of the device itself. An aluminum case = an actual aluminum phone? You sure? I mean, I look great with clothes on - they're very flattering and I get them tailored. But I look terrible without a shirt. It's ok though, I've still got my nice shirts :)

Samsung is destroying in sales because of marketing. To insinuate that they're ahead because their product is somehow heads and shoulders above all others (protip, it's not) is asinine. HTC tripped all over itself in marketing last year. They recognize that, friends who work there told me as much. They tried redoubling their efforts and failed. Features like being able to pair up with 8 friends and use your phone as speakers, the terrible S voice and translate, barely functional and battery sucking gestures and eye tracking and "kid mode" aren't what put the GS4 at the top. Those are genuine gimmicks - serve very little function, and barely work anyways when you do turn them on. Having fewer features that serve more function and work as intended is always the way to go.

Um...yes I can http://www.casefanatic.com/samsung-...ltra-thin-aluminium-metal-case-for-galaxy-s4/

Can't find the link to this other one I wanted to show, but just as an example ^

Samsungs stuff isn't better "just cause"

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsungs stuff isn't better "just cause"

Well it kind of is. Let's be honest, as an OEM, going up against a company that literally makes up over 20% of the entire south korean economy puts you at a bit of a disadvantage resource wise, especially do in beans recognition and marketing. Samsung is what the people know, they timed it just right and ended up being the standard bearer for android, and they shall probably remain as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD