HTC One (M8): Texting Issues

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I made it three weeks or so. Now I'm having the problem again. Of course I just sent back my replacement phone last week because I thought I had fixed the problem. Now I have to call and try and get another one sent.
Let me see if I've got this right? - You had texting issues, and you blamed the phone (or someone at Verizon told you to blame the phone because he/she was clueless, and couldn't figure out how to solve your problem). Then you got texting working on the original phone again, and sent your replacement/refurbished phone back. Now you're having issues again, and again your blaming the phone hardware? Didn't the fact that you previously got it working prove to you that the hardware isn't the problem?!?

Have you checked Google's Play Store for the Verizon Messages update, and installed it to see if that fixes the default texting app? Have you Force Stopped, cleared cache, cleared data, and then disabled Verizon's Message's app followed by a reboot of the phone? Someone on another forum found that fixed his/her issues with the general texting app 5 weeks ago (and counting), and hasn't had a problem since.

CGNY87

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Im not blaming the phone. I love the HTC One M8. Verizon tier-two rep told me its not their network, which I dont really believe. But IK people who have the m8 in my area on Verizon and have no problems. VZW offered me a replacement, hoping that would fix the problem.

Patricialedbetter7

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Having problems with my HTC M8 sending delayed or failing to send text messages. Didnt have this problem at first, but now a couple of months later ALL my text or either delayed or failed!!!

boundbymusic

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I started having an issue where if I did a "copy and paste" of a message (or a link) into a Hangout, that text would pop up in the text box for a few days after I sent it, which meant that every time I went into the conversation I had to delete the pasted text.

Now this has started happening w/ text that I type in too. I sent a message to my wife 3 weeks ago that is still popping up in my text box every time I open Hangouts to my wife. I have to delete it every time I go into the Hangout with her.

I've tried restarting the phone, etc...still populating.

It doesn't happen with all texts, but does happen w/ most copy & pastes.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I started having an issue where if I did a "copy and paste" of a message (or a link) into a Hangout, that text would pop up in the text box for a few days after I sent it, which meant that every time I went into the conversation I had to delete the pasted text.

Now this has started happening w/ text that I type in too. I sent a message to my wife 3 weeks ago that is still popping up in my text box every time I open Hangouts to my wife. I have to delete it every time I go into the Hangout with her.

I've tried restarting the phone, etc...still populating.

It doesn't happen with all texts, but does happen w/ most copy & pastes.

Did you go into your settings menu and then apps and then click on Hangouts? After finding Hangouts, did you clear the cache? If you didn't, that may solve your problem.

Posted via Android Central App

lyktestolpe

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 TXT Issues

I also had this problem, and the suggestion from the EVO forum actually worked on my M8y!

I tried a regular reboot, but that did not help...

Yoavmai

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8): Texting Issues- SOLVED!!!

Hi!
I have new HTC M8 and had the same problem most of my SMS wasn't send and was on waiting statuss.
After some search I found it is connected to Apple IMESSAGE service.
the solution is to turn off IMESSAGE option on your IPHONE or if have no access to the iphone is go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do log in with Apple ID and Password.
select your Iphone or any device that have imessage and De-associate ot Unregister.

after doing that i have restart my device and all SMS was sent and replied at once. work perfectly since then!

Good luck with that.

scienceattic

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Did you go into your settings menu and then apps and then click on Hangouts? After finding Hangouts, did you clear the cache? If you didn't, that may solve your problem.

Cleared the Hangouts app data and cache, and so far much better! (never had an iphone, so it wasn't related to imessages)

Kevish Beeharry

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey pal, did you find a fix for this?
i am encountering very similar issues with my HTC one M8. I sent a message to a single person but it looks like as if the message has gone to 2 recipients!
A lot of my contacts are linked as they are on different accounts but I cannot see any sort of links between the real recipient and the 'second reciepient'

PS: I do not think the 'second recipient got the message though.

coolbaboon

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Erratic text service for me too, on Sprint with new M8. Tried the google hangout wipe, turning off of message on old iphone, and called "customer care". Texts are virtually useless and no solution is evident. Hope someone finds it or another possible hour wasted on the phone calling Sprint again.

herecomethehawks

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and no amount of restarts, reboots, sim replacement, etc... worked. What has worked for me is deleting every App that I've downloaded on the device. Something from the Play store seems to have been interfering with the Messages app (I also had the problem with Hangouts and Verizon's Message+). I figured it wasn't the device itself because I had similar issues going back to my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx two years ago.

After I uninstalled all of them (and disabled many of the stock apps Verizon puts on the device) I've been delay and duplicate text free for three days. I plan on slowly reinstalling the apps I miss one at a time to see which one seems to be the issue.

My third party Verizon dealer recommended I try this as opposed to doing an entire phone wipe and I'm very grateful. I hope it continues to work as it's the least offensive solution I've heard about.

1Boxer

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
OK ..just had similar problem. All my ..mostly one text message thread was taking forever or never loaded. I ran sms backup than after they did load. I delete all threads. After that ran restore in back up.. Voila .. smoother than before. What happens is there is a corrupted text or storage area.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have seen an issue with delayed messages. It appears to occur only with recipients who have iPhones. No problems when sent to Android or Windows phones.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I started having this issue when I first got the phone (August), but then it went away once I got the 4.4.3 update (Verizon) and have not had the issue since.

Kevish Beeharry

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Here's my issue: I will text one person and when they text me back, it shows up as multiple people on the text message. It doesn't do this with everyone, but I have this issue with about half of the people I've been texting.

Hi there,

I am encountering the same issues.Did you get a fix for this?

thanks
k

Christian Filip

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem too, I've looked online everywhere and not found a solution. Never owned an iPhone so it's not the imessage thing. I miss a lot of incoming calls too. Someone please tell me there's a solution. Otherwise I'm going to have to return the phone :(