Htc one m8 touch screen not working after replacement

DELLENTY1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I replaced my touch screen due to me cracking it, the screen was still fully operational prior to replacement.

Once a genuine HTC screen had been replaced the phone would switch on as usual, but i was unable to use the touch function. I presumed there was a fault with the screen so had it replaced for a 2nd, and i still have the same problem.

Any ideas what i have done?

Thanks in advance for any advice & support!
James

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I am just taking a guess, but often when replacing the screen, other components get damaged, like ribbons and connectors. Are you certain nothing like that happened?

DELLENTY1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
To say im 100% sure would be a lie, but how would i begin the process of elimination? or where to start in fact! And where does one by these minute parts from?

Thanks James

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To say im 100% sure would be a lie, but how would i begin the process of elimination? or where to start in fact! And where does one by these minute parts from?

Thanks James
Offhand, I don't know where to get some of the parts. I just remember reading/watching something and the author said it is always very easy to unknowingly damage smaller parts when doing this sort of thing.

Sent from an AOSP M8

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest taking it to the same place and having them diagnose the problem so you wouldn't make things worse.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Offhand, I don't know where to get some of the parts. I just remember reading/watching something and the author said it is always very easy to unknowingly damage smaller parts when doing this sort of thing.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Sounds more like hes replacement screen is broken or he forgot a ribbon from the screen.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I replaced my touch screen due to me cracking it, the screen was still fully operational prior to replacement.

Once a genuine HTC screen had been replaced the phone would switch on as usual, but i was unable to use the touch function. I presumed there was a fault with the screen so had it replaced for a 2nd, and i still have the same problem.

Any ideas what i have done?

Thanks in advance for any advice & support!
James

Your connector may be broken or your replacements are low quality and they are broken or you forgot a ribbon.

DELLENTY1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Part is Genuine HTC, and everything is 100% connected. The phone shop i had taken it to failed to identify the issue also. So is it possible to any form of diagnostics?

bluesamick

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,,

I got the same problem,
I sent my htc to public services. After replacment, touchscreen not working. And then the technician try to replace back with the old one. Result is the same, not working. Previously, my old lcd was error only it right side of touch screen,. but now all side not working... what should we do? is there any miss configuration or no?

THx

Wasim Arif

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys...
I also faced same problem.... i resold the touch connector... change battery do every thing.... but failed... if some one has any solution plz help me... :'(

maga9001

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue and I don't know where to start from to diagnose the problem, anyone got a solution? but obviously I had a broken connector and I don't know what is the pat name

alextine_87

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I replaced a broken LCD screen and now the phone still works but the screen remains black. Did anyone ever figure out how to resolve this issue?

French Tom

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Same problem for me: I replaced my shattered LCD screen with a new one tonight, the phone seems to start but the screen remains black like a Nespresso...
The lack of solutions on this page gives me very little hope :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel