HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to come around on this thing being a hot mess.

1. This morning after I took the phone off the charger, I never even turned the screen on, but was down to 2% battery after 4 hours. The main culprit: "dialer". While the screen was off, the phone remained "awake" that whole time. I wonder if that has something to do with being in an area with spotty coverage right now, but that is unacceptable. I've been in areas with perfectly fine coverage, and the phone still stays awake with the screen off.

2. The phone is very buggy when it comes to taking screen grabs. It used to take a try or two to get one, but recently it takes several minutes of fussing and fighting to get just one.

3. Using the power control widget, toggling the brightness setting can be extremely buggy. Press it once, nothing happens. Press it twice, nothing happens. Press it three times, nothing happens. Give up, go into settings and change it there. Several minutes later it will (sometimes) cycle through the various brightness levels from when I was pressing the widget.

I love the screen and I love the camera, but this is becoming too much.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to come around on this thing being a hot mess.

1. This morning after I took the phone off the charger, I never even turned the screen on, but was down to 2% battery after 4 hours. The main culprit: "dialer". While the screen was off, the phone remained "awake" that whole time. I wonder if that has something to do with being in an area with spotty coverage right now, but that is unacceptable. I've been in areas with perfectly fine coverage, and the phone still stays awake with the screen off.

2. The phone is very buggy when it comes to taking screen grabs. It used to take a try or two to get one, but recently it takes several minutes of fussing and fighting to get just one.

3. Using the power control widget, toggling the brightness setting can be extremely buggy. Press it once, nothing happens. Press it twice, nothing happens. Press it three times, nothing happens. Give up, go into settings and change it there. Several minutes later it will (sometimes) cycle through the various brightness levels from when I was pressing the widget.

I love the screen and I love the camera, but this is becoming too much.

Screen grabs are drop dead simple.

a6d8e22f-0480-c4a5.jpg

Sent from my HOX

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand how it's supposed to work, but that just doesn't work on my phone with any level of consistency. Sometimes the screen flashes, but no photo is taken. Sometimes a picture is taken, but it's just a triangle/exclamation point error icon. Occasionally, it actually takes a screen grab.

rusty136

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Loss of Data Connection

HTC One X - ATT

I usually shut off my HOX at night. Sometimes, when I turned it on in the morning, I would find that there was no data connection, although the icons showed 4G and four bars of signal. Voice calls worked OK. Looking at the Mobile network settings, it would say "Disconnected", and the APN would show the message, "Sim Card Not Detected". ATT Tech Support was not able to resolve the problem. I then noticed that the Fast Boot option was selected in the Power Settings. I unchecked the Fast Boot, and the data connection problem has not occurred again.

toramorigan

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues while typing, especially in the text messaging app, while using SwiftKey 3?

When I text, especially if I'm texting fast, the screen tends to flash/blip out into white. There also seems to be some noticeable lag when sending texts after pressing send. Maybe it's from the amount of use I've been giving it since I first got the phone, but sometimes it seems to take 5 seconds or more for the text to show up in the chat window after hitting send.

icuthair

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
i have the same exact problems... on my 4th one same problems its so annoying that when im trying to send a text it never sends even when i have full service.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Wifi/Network Problems- If you are rooted, flashing one of the new modems helps a LOT. My phone had trouble "letting go" of a network, and couldn't send anything, etc. Whether wifi or not, it would do this. The new modems did fix that for me. This should get upgraded in any updates the HOX gets for any non-rooted folks that want that fix. This is a pretty serious issue, and seemingly very common.
[Radio][RIL]Flashable Radios with RIL files, Map, and AROMA Installer (Updated 7/21) - xda-developers

I have a couple Sense bugs that I was hoping someone had a work-around/fix for.

Google Voice- When you use the dial pad to dial, it uses the phone's actual number and not your Voice number. I seemed to have mixed results from clicking on the call log, but it works correctly dialing from everywhere else (Contacts, Voice). This can make dialing numbers that are not contacts, without using the wrong phone number, annoying. Anyone figure this one out?

I turn auto-rotate off, and use a Tasker script to turn it on for certain apps. to avoid all the unwanted rotating. I have the Gallery white listed of course, but when I play a movie, it uses some other program to play it. Anyone know what it is? I am afraid it will NOT be an app, and then I am not sure I can white list it. Will have to give rotation a toggle button back :).

Another Gallery issue is uploading to Picasa. The interface gets stuck at the album selection... it does not seem to be successfully talking to Picasa. I don't use Picasa for backup (yay Dropbox), but I do use it for easily adding pictures for the family to see. Anyone got this to work?

Liking the phone a lot. Just little bugs left for me, all the big ones squashed :).

brian1269

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I understand how it's supposed to work, but that just doesn't work on my phone with any level of consistency. Sometimes the screen flashes, but no photo is taken. Sometimes a picture is taken, but it's just a triangle/exclamation point error icon. Occasionally, it actually takes a screen grab.

I've experienced the exact same thing. The screen grab function is a joke. It works about 25% of the time.

brian1269

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Wi-Fi won't stop finding networks

This has been going on since the 4.0.4 update. It won't won't stop notifying me of available networks in the notification bar. I have Network notification deselected, but it still notifies me. Every time I am in a new area, up pops the "Wi-Fi network network found, A Wi-Fi network is available." I've selected it and deselected it multiple times, rebooted, etc.but it won't stop. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This has been going on since the 4.0.4 update. It won't won't stop notifying me of available networks in the notification bar. I have Network notification deselected, but it still notifies me. Every time I am in a new area, up pops the "Wi-Fi network network found, A Wi-Fi network is available." I've selected it and deselected it multiple times, rebooted, etc.but it won't stop. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?
If your in a new area why not just turn off wifi.? Its just extra battery juice your using.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm having it as well, drives me nuts...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

iberiamedic

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Many times during the day, my phone keeps saying "Loading". Loading up the home page and it takes about 10 seconds or so. Is anyone else getting this message?

nolascoboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
sometimes i dont get phone calls or texts come into my phone until i restart it. i found out that this happens when there is an app that is on for a while (i have noticed it happened when using pandora and also digitally imported radio) i have gone down to their support center and told them everything about it. all they did was give me another one x. i called customer service because it kept happening, they told me to factory reset and that they will "change towers" or something like that. so right now, im testing to see if itll happen again. does anyone else have this problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore