HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

aimeelynkl

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems so far but i've only had my phone for 2 days. The only issue I am noticing is that when my mom, other family, or friends that have an iphone try to send me a screen shot of their screen, whenever I receive it on my phone its a very very tiny picture and I cant save it or zoom in to read it. Anyone know why or how I can fix it?

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have apps that are taking up way too much memory when you close them? Like Facebook for example, I can close it, back out of it, go to my task manager and see it taking up sometimes 40 MB or more. Sometimes it can get to 60 or 70. Its not only Facebook, its other apps as well, like Tapatalk, some games, etc. Sometimes it says the settings are taking up that much memory.

I used to didn't do this, but its gotten to where I go into task manager a lot and shut them down. Its driving me crazy.

Sent from my HTC One X

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
atene6e7.jpg
tesutypa.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X

Morgoroth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All the task managers do that to me. It's something to do with the apps re-starting themselves.
I've asked about it on the forum and most people say that the task managers just make things worse....

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
On the HTC weather widget my location keeps changing despite the phone sitting in the same spot all day. Wifi's been on all day, light usage.

ToyKalibur

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Loss of Data Connection

HTC One X - ATT

I usually shut off my HOX at night. Sometimes, when I turned it on in the morning, I would find that there was no data connection, although the icons showed 4G and four bars of signal. Voice calls worked OK. Looking at the Mobile network settings, it would say "Disconnected", and the APN would show the message, "Sim Card Not Detected". ATT Tech Support was not able to resolve the problem. I then noticed that the Fast Boot option was selected in the Power Settings. I unchecked the Fast Boot, and the data connection problem has not occurred again.

I have read all this forum and someone has finally mentioned my problem so I just joined to tell ya about that. All though I do have many problems like what yall have mentioned, my most aggravating one is in this quote. Today I just missed out on a job cause my phone without any warning pops up and says "Sim Card Not Detected". I have been having this problem for over a month now and have had the card replaced once. Today I will go in and let them know I want a different phone now that I took the time to see what known issues there are with this phone. [More details on that] The phone had no service for about 40 mins till I realized the SIM card had not been detected. Reboot and then 2 mins later a slew of messages and voice mails.

I am very surprised that there has not been many updates to fix all the known issues with it since HTC is usually right on top of it when it comes to updates. I had an EVO for little over 2 years and never has any real major problems ever. Many updates I guess prevented any problems being brought to my attention. But this 1x is really disappointing me. I should not have to reboot my phone every time there is a problem.

HTC don't get their crap together, I may start using a different brand. :(

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Loss of Data Connection

I've had my One x for a couple weeks and I encountered my first major bug. My phone started ringing and it said my boss was calling me, only the screen was frozen and none of the buttons worked. It just kept ringing, and I called my boss from another phone who said he never called me. I looked up online to find out how to reset it(holding power for 10 seconds). If this has already been posted, sorry but there are 10 pages.

dexion10

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
THE BAD:

I was very excited about the HTC One X+ and the reviews that suggest it is better than the Samsung Galaxy III - which I was also considering.

Big Disappointments include:

HTC Sync Manager is an MTP application that is slower than a mass storage connection and I've found it to be COMPLETELY USELESS for moving data from my computer (Windows XP) to the HTC One X+.

**** HTC SYNC MANAGER DOES NOT WORK AT ALL ***

TO RESOLVE FILE TRANSFER ISSUES I HAD TO SET THE PHONE UP AS A FTP SERVER with FILEZILLA

This is much slower than using a mass storage USB connection to your computer. The issue is more manageable once you have moved the majority of your old data to the phone and you only have to do one off transfers.

That said it is difficult to set up new folders and organize your phone through a FTP set-up because your PC will not necessarily have permissions to write new folders to your phone. This was a disappointment.

MUSIC PLAYER BUG:

When I put headphones into the HTC One X+ my music and video sometimes start playing in fast forward... sounds like alvin and the chip monks.

TO FIX THIS I HAD TO FIND A SOLUTION ON MY OWN - HTC HAS NO INFO ON THIS SITE REGARDING THIS COMMON ISSUE.

SOLUTION: fastboot your phone to resolve the issue with the music player. You have to hold the POWER BUTTON + VOLUME BUTTON the (up / higher volume button)... reboot the phone and then video and music will play normally again.

Given the fact this is a tier one phone competing with the iPhone I was very disappointed with the difficulty of moving files to my new phone and the lack of support from HTC.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I cannot keep my Bluetooth connected to this car... Varies but betweeen two and twenty minutes after connecting it drops...while playing audio streams or even mid call (often)... The car is using ford sync.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with Google maps crashing when using Google navigation?

Could be a Google problem afterall they did must fuse two different app removing a system app and replacing it with user app

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell