HTC One X plus unrooting

carlosmc1972

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So, I root my HOX+, played around with it and had amazing fun but I would like to return it to stock so I can get the 4.2.2 update.
So I indoor, locked the bootloader and now besides the fact that I can't update the phone because when it reboots it stays on the bootloader and I have to manually reboot it, it gives me a security warning and I also get a message saying something about a developer version only everyonce in a while. So I'm thankful I didn't brick it but if anybody has an idea on how could I fix this I would really appreciate it.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So, I root my HOX+, played around with it and had amazing fun but I would like to return it to stock so I can get the 4.2.2 update.
So I indoor, locked the bootloader and now besides the fact that I can't update the phone because when it reboots it stays on the bootloader and I have to manually reboot it, it gives me a security warning and I also get a message saying something about a developer version only everyonce in a while. So I'm thankful I didn't brick it but if anybody has an idea on how could I fix this I would really appreciate it.

Are you using SuperSU? It has an unroot option built in. As for the text, it is displayed because you tampered with it. I believe there is no method to remove it on the One X+ (I know there is one on the One X).

carlosmc1972

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response, I did SU and did the unroot that came with it, and it unrooted my phone, I deleted every su file in the system and then I installed a stock recovery and relocked the bootloader. I thought that would be it but everytime I download the OTA it reboots and then goes into the recovery page and that is it. Did I do something wrong?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response, I did SU and did the unroot that came with it, and it unrooted my phone, I deleted every su file in the system and then I installed a stock recovery and relocked the bootloader. I thought that would be it but everytime I download the OTA it reboots and then goes into the recovery page and that is it. Did I do something wrong?

Which recovery did you install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf