HTC Sync 3.0.5481 Cannot read SD Card and Other Issues

Ronald

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have installed the latest Version of HTC Sync -- 3.0.5481 (I did not have a previous version installed), on 32 Bit Windows XP SP3. I am using an Evo 4G with the stock OS 2.2, unrooted.

When I run HTC Sync, the program does not recognize the Evo, while the Evo recognizes the HTC Sync is running on my PC. Moreover, I keep receiving an error message saying that I do not have an SD Card installed. It appears that the HTC Sync mode is unmounting the SD Card and remounting it as soon as I exit the HTC Sync mode. What is the solution?

Also, is there a way to change the default spot for the copies of the "Gallery" on my PC other than My Photos/Device Camera Shots (which does not exist on my XP PC)?

I appreciate any and all help.

Ron

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
1: Pull all contents off your SD card and put it in a folder on your PC. Format your SD card from your PC to fat32 and then put back all the contents. You will lose all your custom ringtones to your contacts (it sets it back to default ringer). Just go back and re-set your ringers.

2: After you format, Put HTC sync 3.0 on your SD card and keep the evo hooked up to your PC in disk mode. Through my computer on your PC, point to your evo SD card and locate HTC sync 3.0 and install. Basically your running it from your EVO but it installs to your PC. Then you should be good to go!

You don't have to do #1 if you dont want to, but fat 32 is more efficient than the standard android file system. Also, your getting the error because it's not syncing correctly and not recognizing your SD card. Just do step #2 and it should recognize the EVO and your SD card.

As far as your gallery, you will have to do that manually if you want to change them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronald

VillanovaBob

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My Evo Shift isn't being recognized

Need help. As instructed in manual, I took the HTCSync file from the microSD card and dragged it to my desktop. I then installed the software. So problem. When I plug my phone into my computer, though, it recognized it as a storage device but that's it. HTC Sync has not recognized it.

Any thoughts?

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
i had the same stupid problem when i got my EVO 2 weeks ago....when you plug in your device options should pop-up on your phone and ask you what your plugging it in for.....in the setting go to <connect to PC> and make sure that pop-up option is available when you plug it in.......my PC would recognize my device for days.....i changed that option and now when i plug it in it ask if i wanna "charge only"...or "HTC SYNC"....ect.......but 3.0 works great.....hope this helps if you havent already tryed it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays