HTC tells you why its better than SGS3

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Phil.. I think this blog comparison would best be done with an ATT version rather than the international. But in the end, it's an individual choice like anything in Life. Thank God we all don't like the same things!

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what's the process of using a 64 gig card with the One-X? That's
the only thing I think the GS3 has over the X the extra storage.

Flash a Rom with a kernel that enables the device to function as a USB host (there's two right now) and plug in a USB OTG mini-cable to the microusb. You can then connect a memory stick, an external harddrive or whatever you want. So small you could easily keep it in your pocket and not even notice it at all.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Me: I want a removable battery

HTC: You don't want a removable battery, you want a bulky external battery bank.

Me: your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me HTC.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

There's several external batteries available about the same size or smaller than the S3s battery. I personally use a micro-solar charger instead of my external battery because I hate trying to remember to always charge the dang thing.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Sniff sniff, you smell that? I love the smell of desperation in the morning. :D

After 9 million pre-sales of the S3, I'd be desperate as well. Has htc even sold half that number of x's?

HTC sales target cut for Q2 - SlashGear

And before all of you jump on me and my post, I happen to like the x, my son has an international one and I think it's quite a good phone, bunt it's obvious that it's not the big seller that htc was counting on and it's pretty obvios that this "countering objections" is pr spin and nothing else.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
There's several external batteries available about the same size or smaller than the S3s battery. I personally use a micro-solar charger instead of my external battery because I hate trying to remember to always charge the dang thing.

Where can I get a micro solar charger

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll tell you this though, in just about every thread I read, someone is talking about returning their HOX. ..

They all seem to be the same 5 people. When someone dumps a device they feel so burned about it they seem to need to post about it everywhere and often.

On the whole, it seems to me that those of us who bought the international version have far fewer complaints than those who got the LTE version. We still have some bugs to be sure. But far fewer of us are screaming "Deal Breaker" and sending it back.

But I've been down the Samsung road before and vowed never to go there again, but I have to admit the new Sammy is pretty tempting. Let's wait and see how many of these get returned.

Sent from my HOX

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
They all seem to be the same 5 people. When someone dumps a device they feel so burned about it they seem to need to post about it everywhere and often.

On the whole, it seems to me that those of us who bought the international version have far fewer complaints than those who got the LTE version. We still have some bugs to be sure. But far fewer of us are screaming "Deal Breaker" and sending it back.

But I've been down the Samsung road before and vowed never to go there again, but I have to admit the new Sammy is pretty tempting. Let's wait and see how many of these get returned.

Sent from my HOX

I don't think that's the case. I think the HOX has issues. I love the phone and design of it. The storage doesn't bother me at all. The non-removable battery is a non-issue.

I've pre-ordered an S3 and am reserving judgement until it's in my hands but overall, I'm a bit disappointed by the HOX.

Primarily from the stand point that the update took longer than I expected and I don't feel it has fixed all the little quirks.

Now whether those quirks are a HOX, app or ICS issue, I'll never know. I just know that my phone still will completely miss a call when I've got a full signal, emails don't get delivered. They're things I can live with but I shouldn't have to? And the quirks aren't there all time. I think that's what makes it more frustrating.

Anyway, end of rant. On the plus side, wifi seems to be fixed now. Yay. :)

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
-1 for them doing a screen comparison zoomed in 100x. I guess they have to do what gives theirs the edge...it is promoting the One X...lol.

I'm pretty sure in normal, everyday use, real world use Pentile doesnt make THAT much of a difference.

Whats the difference between the screen on the One X and the Rezound?

It better be a big difference...I have a Rezound...and the screen isnt as great as some ppl make it. I have a RAZR too...and it might shock some ppl...but I like my RAZR screen alot more. Its all pros n cons tho. Just depends on what you prefer more, what cons you can live with.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I was a HTC fanboi (and still sorta am), but most mainstream HOX vs SGS3 comparisons have resulted in a tie with each phone winning some of the major categories. Coming from a HTC Thunderbolt, I went for the SGS3 this time. Here's why:

The HOX wins in screen architecture and camera, hands down. SGS3 wins in storage, battery life (almost double when doing intense tasks like gaming and HD video according to Engadget and several other reviews), and RAM. Processors are plenty fast in high-end Android devices right now and most apps don't even utilize quad-core yet - and from what I've read the Krait outperforms the Exynos in single-threading tasks anyway. RAM is the bottleneck these days and the main reason for phone sluggishness right now so 2 gigs in the SGS3 has "win" written all over it.

Plus if you're a rooter/custom ROM kind of user, Samsungs have been more friendly in the bootloader world these days. There is no S-Off with the HOX right now unless you use HTC's unlock tool (which isn't really even S-Off) which voids your warranty - HTC DEV unlock requires you to input your serial number that is added to HTC's balcklist - in this regard the Sammy is the way to go.

I still love the competition between HTC and Samsung these days which is forcing them to push the envelope, and I fully intend to buy another HTC in the future. But today Samsung is my choice :)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I was a HTC fanboi (and still sorta am), but most mainstream HOX vs SGS3 comparisons have resulted in a tie with each phone winning some of the major categories. Coming from a HTC Thunderbolt, I went for the SGS3 this time. Here's why:

The HOX wins in screen architecture and camera, hands down. SGS3 wins in storage, battery life (almost double when doing intense tasks like gaming and HD video according to Engadget and several other reviews), and RAM. Processors are plenty fast in high-end Android devices right now and most apps don't even utilize quad-core yet - and from what I've read the Krait outperforms the Exynos in single-threading tasks anyway. RAM is the bottleneck these days and the main reason for phone sluggishness right now so 2 gigs in the SGS3 has "win" written all over it.

Plus if you're a rooter/custom ROM kind of user, Samsungs have been more friendly in the bootloader world these days. There is no S-Off with the HOX right now unless you use HTC's unlock tool (which isn't really even S-Off) which voids your warranty - HTC DEV unlock requires you to input your serial number that is added to HTC's balcklist - in this regard the Sammy is the way to go.

I still love the competition between HTC and Samsung these days which is forcing them to push the envelope, and I fully intend to buy another HTC in the future. But today Samsung is my choice :)

Bootloader unlocking your phone with ANY company voids the warranty. And unlocking your HTC One X won't get you blacklisted as the unlocker spoofs HTC dev to see it as a SuperCID device.

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Never trading in my One X after seeing how much worse the GS3's screen is in person. There are already AOSP roms avalible for the one X, fixing multitasking, and you can buy a 5 dollar 1 and 1/2 inch cable that goes in the usb that you can plug up to a 64 gig stick in for when you're on an airplane or something. For me the screen is the #1 factor.

Have you had any trouble with its functionality? Because I'm thinking heavy about buying one.

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
The htc phone os great. ATT if anything hindered this. The international one is higher capacity.
Can someone please address the removable battery. How practical (i didn't say functional) is it to carry a phone, its charger, an extra battery....its charger instead of just charging the phone itself in a car or during a few mins of downtime. A phone battery only takes like 4 hours to fully charge. Most of the people who has extra batteries probably sit with a phone unused for a least 2 hours a day at a desk.
Third, if you ever worked for a phone company all of them put these out. Its not a PR spin. This is for employees only normally and technically whoever posted it could be fired lol. Its supposed to be for a salesman who doesn't have the time to know the difference between the 45 new android phones that come out a month.
I loved my galaxy s 2 so don't think I hate samsung. The screen on both are great but as far as me doing any proofs of my design work on a screen the htc is the 1st phone since the iPhone that gives me the most realistic color reproduction. Agreed you look at it everyday. For most people over saturated colors don't even mean anything. Blue tint is noticeable once you see it, but for most people they never will.
Besides a screen and battery life which the one x does a great job at, the next thing you notice is the system OS. I believe that htc has always been trying to make android easy to use, where as touchwiz is just now starting to get that idea. The first two iterations seemingly meant to mimic the iPhone OS where as this one finally does some things totally right. But I think the average person would still prefer sense over touchwiz if there were new to smartphones. I don't have that issue but why fight a good thing.
Lastly for everyone that keeps talking about selling, the phone is having trouble being imported even (you are not including the eve lte and the htc one xl in your count either since they are the same line of phone.
But I'm sure I will be called a fanboy even though I recommend the gs2 to everyone right up until the one x came out.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Bootloader unlocking your phone with ANY company voids the warranty. And unlocking your HTC One X won't get you blacklisted as the unlocker spoofs HTC dev to see it as a SuperCID device.

That's good to hear they found a way around the unlock for the One X. On other HTC devices that you unlocked with HTC's tool if you returned them to the store afterward people were getting bills a month or two later from Verizon (or whoever else) for the full price of the phone once HTC told them it wasn't under warranty for return. Lame.

But to elaborate on what I was saying before, either phone is a great choice as both are "king of the hill" in the Android world today.

Instead of the flame wars we've been seeing that are arguing whether the HOX or the SGS3 is better, we should enjoy the fact that these two brothers are both completely annihilating the current iPhone :)

Reactions: jroc

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
HTC can make excuses all they want but the One X is less data efficient and less power efficient than the GS3 would be for me due to the lack of storage and overreliance on integrated DropBox to make up for it.

Sorry I have a 50GB Box account for when I signed in the app on my iTouch. I don't need DropBox, I need a MicroSD Card slot because getting files from that certainly costs less power than getting it from DropBox - and is certainly faster and doesn't eat into my data plan.

What a bad batch of excuses.

In addition to having an embedded battery and basically putting it under unnecessary stress with their "Cloud Push", the battery is also smaller than the GS2's battery.

Why do they continuously do this?

The camera is nice but, and I love me some HTC Sense but there's only so much a fan can take.

I swore to never buy another Samsung smartphone, but they gave me no choice. I got the Vivid until the GS3 launches, though, but I'm certainly not keeping it.

With a Micro-SD slot there's never a reason to get anything > a 16GB SKU device. Without a Micro-SD slot there's practically a requirement to have larger SKUs or you lose a ton of potential customers.

But good on them for working with AT&T to ensure the phone uses as much data as possible. This whole DropBox thing will probably push enough people 1 byte over their cap to secure AT&T some extra funding for their LTE build-out.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
HTC can make excuses all they want but the One X is less data efficient and less power efficient than the GS3 would be for me due to the lack of storage and overreliance on integrated DropBox to make up for it.

Sorry I have a 50GB Box account for when I signed in the app on my iTouch. I don't need DropBox, I need a MicroSD Card slot because getting files from that certainly costs less power than getting it from DropBox - and is certainly faster and doesn't eat into my data plan.

What a bad batch of excuses.

In addition to having an embedded battery and basically putting it under unnecessary stress with their "Cloud Push", the battery is also smaller than the GS2's battery.

Why do they continuously do this?

The camera is nice but, and I love me some HTC Sense but there's only so much a fan can take.

I swore to never buy another Samsung smartphone, but they gave me no choice. I got the Vivid until the GS3 launches, though, but I'm certainly not keeping it.

With a Micro-SD slot there's never a reason to get anything > a 16GB SKU device. Without a Micro-SD slot there's practically a requirement to have larger SKUs or you lose a ton of potential customers.

But good on them for working with AT&T to ensure the phone uses as much data as possible. This whole DropBox thing will probably push enough people 1 byte over their cap to secure AT&T some extra funding for their LTE build-out.

First off, HTC has confirmed that this marketing pamphlet is fake, concocted by some site called pricebaba, secondly 5 bucks buys you a 1 and 1/2 inch USB OTG cable for plugging in whatever extra media space you require, and is easily forgotten in the pocket. Highly recommend you compare the screens in person before you decide, you're going to have the thing for 2 years man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984