Hung up gmails

TerryB

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got an email from my contractor. Tried to answer it but wasn't in a wifi area.
Back at the house, the incoming has disappeared and I find a half a dozen emails over the last week in the outbox that refuse to do anything but offer to delete.

???????
Have no idea what the heck is happening.

Oh Yeah, the incoming doesn't show up on the desktop either.

EDIT: Restarting the phone sent all 7 emails hung in the outbox in a bunch. Those were written in a period of a week.
I'll bet there are some recipients scratching their heads.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on whether the mails are really sent or just go in the outbox. The LOCKED outbox.

TerryB

Last edited:

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you've got emails piling up in your Gmail "Outbox", when you're not on WiFi, that tells me your Gmail syncing has somehow been configured to sync only when you are on WiFi. When it's off your WiFi network, your Gmail app can't obtain the contents of your Google "Inbox", nor can it send the "Outbox" emails.

Check your sync settings.

TerryB

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I did suspect that, but, at one point the mail wouldn't go and I was in my wifi zone with nothing changed. I've got things moving back and forth again now. The incoming from the contractor, which arrived while I was blocks from my house has still not been seen again. So it was very strange behavior for a short period. I suppose I could have been in someone's hot-spot on the street, but the email should not have evaporated after I saw it and responded to it. I was able to find the reply to the missing email, which contained the incoming message. The incoming message is not in my inbox and as far as I can tell, never was, only in my notifications.

Wierd!

Thanks,

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000