I can see phone files on my MAC using AFT, can't find images

rbohn

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site
I see folders label Android, DCIM, Documents, and so on, but after searching for some time I can not find images that are displayed in Gallery.

I am using OS 10.13.6 and an S8

What am I doing incorrectly? Where should I look for my images?

Thanks from a 73 year old struggling with this
Ray

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You are naming folders but can you see any files? Any kind of file, PDF, .doc, GIF, any actual files?

The reason I ask is because, at least with PCs, you have to meet the following 2 requirements to see files;
>The device has to be unlocked. So you have to open the device, putting in whatever security measure you have set, face unlock, fingerprint, pattern, pin etc.

>Some devices require that you choose a connection type. When connected your device may ask if you want the connection to share the internet, charge only, data transfer (or mass storage device), etc. and of course you have to be in data transfer or mass storage mode for the files to be visible.

I will assume that you are meeting these requirements because another way your question could also read, you may be seeing some images but not specific ones that you're looking for. You don't specifically say you can see any images but not all of them, in which case some of the images you are seeing via the device may be stored in the cloud and not on the device. If you are doing any kind of backup, Google Photos, Google Drive, DropBox, etc. the photos would remain visible to the device but may not exist on the device any longer and therefore when you are tethered to the device attempting to locate the photos they won't appear. The solution to this would be to determine what backup you're using and then log into that account via your MAC's browser.

Along with the previous theme, if you are taking pictures via other apps or while using other apps they may not show up in the typical places. So if you are sending pics in FaceBook Messenger that you are taking while in Messenger those images will show up in your Messenger folder. The same with FaceBook, WhatsApp, and a bunch of other apps. Even though you are using your default camera to take the photos they are saved in a folder for the app and not in your regular DCIM folder. Some of them can be tricky to find too, so doing a general search for photos or JPGs, however MAC does it, may be what you'll have to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayushtours